Cyberpunk 2077's launch was a bit disastrous, with the game being terribly optimized on previous-generation consoles, and quite honestly, an extremely buggy experience. Since the latest update (v1.1) which fixes a lot of issues, it appears there's a new game-breaking bug in Cyberpunk 2077.
New Cyberpunk 2077 bug: How to fix Takemura call
In the v1.1 update, developer CD Projekt RED appeared to have fixed an issue related to Takemura not calling V in the "Down on the Street" mission.
However, the new game-breaking Cyberpunk 2077 bug, as reported by multiple Reddit users, sees Takemura calling V but not saying a word, effectively stopping players from progressing in the game.
This is one of the game's main missions, making it impossible for players to progress. Unfortunately, it appears loading an older save won't even fix the issue with Takemura's silent call.
Instead of waiting for update v1.2 to release, however, there is a possible fix for this new game-breaking Cyberpunk 2077 bug.
Follow the steps below to fix the issue and get Takemura to finally have a chat over the phone thanks to Reddit user Symtryx:
- Load into Cyberpunk 2077.
- Use a save file from before Takemura's call.
- Call Judy before the call from Takemura. Stay on the line until he calls.
- End the call with Judy and Takemura's face should also be gone.
- Take on any side job (Delamain side-quest worked for Symtryx).
- Wait 24 hours of in-game time.
- Takemura should then call with all the normal dialogue like it is supposed to be.
Hopefully, CD Projekt RED will patch this game-breaking bug soon. Until then, all you can do is try and follow these steps in order to progress through the main storyline.