Dead by Daylight and the Resident Evil series are some of the most influential Horror games of all time, so it didn't surprise fans when they teamed up for a licensing deal and brought The Nemesis, Leon S. Kennedy, and Jill Valentine into the Fog last year.
Few fans imagined, though, that they would get even more Resident Evil content in 2022. Yesterday, fans leaked new Dead by Daylight x Resident Evil content from a secret project called Project W, which was initially announced during the former game's 6th-anniversary stream.
Here is everything we know about the Dead by Daylight x Resident Evil collaboration, from the killer's power to the survivors and their unique perks.
Dead by Daylight x Resident Evil Project W - Killer And Survivors
Leaks by known data miner and leaker DBDLeaks on Twitter suggested that fans found information on the killer, Albert Wesker, and two survivors, Ada Wong and Rebecca Chambers, likely set to join Dead by Daylight in the upcoming Resident Evil Project W.
- Dead by Daylight Ghost Month Event Leaked - Everything We Know So Far
- What Are Conspicuous Actions In Dead By Daylight?
- Dead by Daylight July Developer Update - Gameplay, Perks, Progression
- Dead by Daylight Devs Experimenting With User-Generated Maps
The leak included thorough details about each of Albert Wesker's perks, his power, and his proposed in-game name, "The Mastermind."
Albert Wesker Power
Albert Wesker's killer power will be called Virulent Bound. Like The Nemesis, he will attack survivors using a virus-themed attack.
- The Mastermind can barrel forward, Infecting survivors with the Uroboros virus or leaping over obstacles.
- Press and hold the Power button to charge a Bound attack. While charging, the Mastermind moves slightly slower as he prepares his strike. When charged, press the attack button to Bound.
- If the Mastermind hits a Survivor with the Bound, that survivor becomes Infected (or furthers their Infection). Should the Mastermind crash into something during this Bound, he will slam the Survivor, causing damage; if not, the Survivor is thrown, losing a health state if they are thrown into any solid object.
- If Virulent Bound hits a dropped pallet or vault location, the Mastermind vaults over the obstacle.
Special Effect: Uroboros Infection
- Upon being hit by Virulent Bound, Survivors become Infected. While infected, the Survivor suffers from the Hindered effect, and the Infection builds over time. When fully infected, the effect becomes even more pronounced.
- If a Virulent Bound hits a Survivor and they are fully Infected, the Mastermind will automatically carry them.
Special Interaction: First Aid Spray
- At the beginning of each trial, several Supply Crates spawn. Each contains a First Aid Spray. When Infected, a Survivor can use the FIrst Aid Spray on themelves or another, removing the Infection. Each First Aid Spray has a set number of charges.
Like in the Resident Evil games, it sounds like Wesker will have some form of super strength in Dead by Daylight, being able to physically throw survivors across the map. It will be interesting to see how this type of killer interaction plays out in the game.
It also appears that The Mastermind bears another similarity to The Nemesis; survivors can counter the former with Vaccines, and the latter with First Aid Spray.
Albert Wesker Perks
The names of Wesker's three teachable perks, along with their descriptions and abilities, were also included in the leak.
Superior Anatomy -
- Decades of research have culminated in you: something faster, stronger, and more dangerous than any human.
- When a survivor performs a fast vault within 8 meters of you, this perk activates. Your normal vault speed is increased by 30/35/40% for 3 seconds.
- This perk deactivates after vaulting a window. This perk has a 30-second cooldown.
Awakened Awareness -
- Your genes have been altered to heighten your senses in intense situations.
- When carrying a Survivor, you can see the aura of other survivors within 16/18/20 meters of your position. Auras revealed that way stay visible for 2 seconds after you stop carrying the survivor.
- You are a brilliant tactician who prepares for every eventuality. When exit gates are powered, this perk activates.
- Injured, downed, and hooked survivors are inflicted with the broken status effect until exit gates are open.
- When exit gates are open, survivors will stay broken for an additional 20/25/30 seconds.
Albert Wesker Chase Music And Voice Lines
Albert Wesker's special chase music was leaked by DBDLeaks in a 31st July YouTube video.
Check it out here:
Additionally, DBDLeaks mentioned in a 30th July Tweet that Wesker will have voice lines for a number of in-game interactions, including Survivor Hook, Survivor Down, Survivor Grab, Survivor Escaping, Locker Grab, Dash, Mori, and Laughing dialogues.
Ada Wong And Rebecca Chambers Perks
DBDLeaks mentioned that the survivors' perks have yet to be finalized by Behaviour, so they are unable to share values and specific details. Basic descriptions of their perks, however, were leaked.
- Ada Wong's personal perks, Wiretap, Reactive Healing, and Low Profile allow her to spy on a Killer, gain a surge of healing when her allies are hurt, and leave no trace when the final Survivor.
- Rebecca Chambers' personal perks, Better Than New, Reassurance, and Hyperfocus allow her to give teammates speed boosts, give temporary relief to struggling allies, and complete skill checks at increased speed.
The survivor and killer biographies were both leaked as well, which you can read in full on DBDLeaks' Twitter page.
Behaviour Interactive will officially announce more details about the upcoming Project W during the Behaviour Beyond livestream, which will take place on 3rd August 2022.
Note that the information included in this article is sourced from leaked information, so you should take it with a grain of salt and tune in to Behaviour Beyond on 3rd August to learn more.
And that's all. For more Dead by Daylight news, guides, tips, and leaks, be sure to check out our dedicated section.
Featured image courtesy of Behaviour Interactive.
- The Best Artist Builds
- The Best Blight Builds
- The Best Cannibal Builds
- The Best Cenobite Builds
- The Best Chucky Builds
- The Best Clown Builds
- The Best Deathslinger Builds
- The Best Demogorgon Builds
- The Best Doctor Builds
- The Best Dredge Builds
- The Best Executioner Builds
- The Best Ghost Face Builds
- The Best Hag Builds
- The Best Hillbilly Builds
- The Best Huntress Builds
- The Best Knight Builds
- The Best Legion Builds
- The Best Mastermind Builds
- The Best Nemesis Builds
- The Best Nightmare Builds
- The Best Nurse Builds
- The Best Oni Builds
- The Best Onryō Builds
- The Best Pig Builds
- The Best Plague Builds
- The Best Shape Builds
- The Best Singularity Builds
- The Best Skull Merchant Builds
- The Best Spirit Builds
- The Best Trapper Builds
- The Best Trickster Builds
- The Best Twins Builds
- The Best Wraith Builds
- The Best Xenomorph Builds