When you're up against the demonic forces of hell in Diablo 3 Season 28, it's vital to make sure you have the right gear for the task. Extending past your armor and weapons, there are specific items, such as the Ancient Hellfire Amulet, that will be extremely vital to your build.
If you're curious to know more about this amulet and how to get it in the game, then we have you covered. In this article, we'll show you how to get the Ancient Hellfire Amulet in Diablo 3 Season 28 and break down everything you need to know about its uses, especially for the new Rites of Sanctuary theme.
Update on 19 April 2023: We've updated this article with the latest info on how to get an Ancient Hellfire Amulet in Diablo 3 Season 28.
Diablo 3 Ancient Hellfire Amulet: How To Get in Season 28
Ancient Hellfire Amulets are a subset of the Hellfire Amulets and can only be obtained through forging. This means that when you forge Hellfire Amulets, you'll roll to either get an Ancient or Legendary Hellfire Amulet, so keep this in mind as you won't immediately get the Ancient Hellfire Amulet and will require some forging and rolling to get it.
The first step to getting the Hellfire Amulet, and subsequently the Ancient Hellfire Amulet is to purchase the recipe from the Squirt the Peddler in the Hidden Camp in Act II which costs 100,000 Gold. You can then take the recipe to the Jeweler to learn the recipe, and you can now craft the Hellfire Amulet using the items listed below:
- x1 Leoric's Regret (Act 1 — Odeg, the Keywarden of Regret drops the Infernal Machine of Regret and is found in the Fields of Misery. This will reward you with Leoric's Regret upon completion of its event.)
- x1 Vial of Putridness (Act 2 - Sokahr, the Keywarden of Putridness drops the Infernal Machine of Putridness and is found in Dahlgur Oasis. This will reward you with a Vial of Putridness upon completion of its event.)
- x1 Idol of Terror (Act 3 - Xah'Rith, the Keywarden of Terror drops the Infernal Machine of Terror and is found in Stonefort. This will reward you with the Idol of Terror upon completion of its event.)
- x1 Heart of Fright (Act 4 - Nekarat, the Keywarden of Fright drops the Infernal Machine of Fright and is found in the second tier of the Gardens of Hope. This will reward you with Heart of Fright upon completion of its event.)
- x10 Forgotten Souls (Simply coming from salvaging legendary items)
How to use the Ancient Hellfire Amulet?
The Ancient Hellfire Amulet essentially gives the character five passive skills which include three buffs to your main stats (intelligence, Dexterity, and Strength) with a boost to the main stat of the wielder, as well as two extra passive skills that include a Socekt and a random passive skill from your class. This makes it ideal for boosting your given stats and adds an extra socket to your build for whatever you need.
It is also used in the previously mentioned Rites of Santury theme in Diablo 3 Season 28, as it acts as one of the items needed to unlock the 18th Seal in the Altar of Rites and as a reward will grant you an extremely useful buff that you'll likely need as you get to the higher levels. This is just one of the many awesome and useful things you can unlock using the Altar of Rites in Diablo 3 Season 28.