The highlights include: Creep denies no longer grant any gold, and all hero talents have been nerfed with around 20%.
Dota 2 gameplay update reaction
This comes as a big surprise, and the Dota 2 gameplay update 7.26b is confusing some fans, as everyone is wondering why denies no longer grant any gold.
Famous Dota 2 caster Toby "Tobiwan" Dawson expressed his shock at the deny change in the latest update.
Umm.......there have been some pretty game changing patches that have come out but this one is pretty crazy....— Toby Dawson (@TobiWanDOTA) April 28, 2020
I am just gobsmacked by the first line 'Denies no longer grant gold' https://t.co/Z2niEj9WL1pic.twitter.com/FclXjRr6P4
The latest Dota 2 gameplay update also comes in the middle of the WePlay! Pushka League, and it isn't the first time Valve has recently released a significant update during a big tournament.
Two-time TI winners OG is, as always, meme-ing it up, as they are currently competing in the WePlay! Pushka League. OG is referring to another big change in the new Dota 2 gameplay update.
Now, onto the update notes. While not a big list of changes, it could definitely affect the metagame in some significant ways.
Dota 2 7.26b update notes
General gameplay changes:
- Denies no longer grant gold
- Deny XP given to enemies increased from 40% to 50%
- Melee Creeps base bounty increased by +5
- Neutral Creeps base bounty values increased back 10%
- All talents are now about 20% weaker
- Towers now grant +1 HP Regen Aura for Tier 1 Towers, and +3 for Tier2/3/4 Towers
- XP required to reach level 9/10/11/12/13 increased from 780/810/840/870/900 to 890/930/970/1010/1050
- Reliable gold is now given only for passive income
- AoE Gold increased from 45 + 0.027*NW to 45 + 0.033*NW
- Neutral item drop times for T1-4 changed from 7/15/25/40 to 7/17/27/37
- Tier 2+ towers health increased by 500 and damage by 25
- Healing Salve - Duration increased from 8 to 10 seconds (same overall heal)
- Gloves of Haste - Cost increased from 400 to 450
- Blades of Attack - Cost increased from 430 to 450
- Ring of Basilius - Recipe cost increased from 175 to 200
- Hood of Defiance - Now has a 200 gold recipe
It will be interesting to see how teams adapt to the Dota 2 gameplay update 7.26b.