Followingly, the game will pit players against bosses and other enemies as they make their way through the massive open-world RPG. There are also several special items players will need to track down and collect.
One of the popular points of interest is a magical item, providing special abilities, called the Flaks of Wondrous Psychick. This guide will explain where to find the item and get its effects.
Elden Ring Flask of Wondrous Physick - Location
The first thing to note is that you should unlock Torrent (your horse) first for speed efficiency. Notably, Elden Ring also has a Sprint ability to run faster and move around the map quicker.
When you first enter Limgrave and purchase notes on the Flask of Wondrous Physick, speak to the merchant Kalé at the Church of Elle. Then, once you're ready, head to the eastern portion of Limgrave and look for the Third Church of Marika.
Be wary, as you'll need to cross over a bridge that is heavily guarded by giant bears, as well as the Mistwood on your way. Early-game players will want to avoid fighting these enemies as they will likely be too powerful to defeat.
When you reach the safety of the church, head inside and obtain the Flask of Wondrous Physick. You can find it in the stone bowl at the front of the Site of Grace. Here's a map showing a visual location of the Third Church of Markia where you will need to get to:
Elden Ring Flask of Wondrous Physick - Effects
To use the Flask of Wondrous Physick, you'll need to have Crystal Tears at your disposal, which is found most plentifully near Erdtrees, scattered throughout The Lands Between. But be warned, Erdtrees are guarded by Erdtree Avatar bosses, which you likely won't be able to defeat in the early stages of the game.
When you have your Crystal Tears and Flask of Wondrous Physick ready, you'll then need to access a Shrine of Grace and select the "Mix Wondrous Physic" option. Notably, players can only use the Wondrous Physic once per Shrine of Grace rest.
Below is a list of the Crystal Tears available in Elden Ring, as well as their effects:
List of all Crystal Tears in Elden Ring and its Effects
- Cerulean Crystal Tear - Restores half of total FP in mixed physick
- Crimson Crystal Tear - Restores half of total HP in mixed physick
- Crimsonburst Crystal Tear - Steadily restores HP for a limited time period in mixed physick
- Greenburst Crystal Tear - Temporarily boosts stamina recovery speed in mixed physick
- Greenspill Crystal Tear - Temporarily boosts stamina in mixed physick
- Faith-knot Crystal Tear - Temporarily boosts faith in mixed physick
- Flame-Shrouding Cracked Tear - Temporarily boosts all fire attacks in mixed physick
- Opaline Bubbletear - Significantly negates damage in mixed physick
- Purifying Crystal Tear - Purifies the Lord of Blood's curse in a mixed physick
- Ruptured Crystal Tear - Causes concoction to explode in mixed physick
- Spiked Cracked Tear - Enhances charged attacks for a limited time in mixed physick
- Strength-knot Crystal Tear - Temporarily boosts strength in mixed physick
- Twiggy Cracked Tear - Briefly stop rune loss on death in mixed physick
And that's it! For a video representation of getting the Flask of Wondrous Physick, check out the video guide from FP Good Game below. Also, be sure to check out the rest of our dedicated Elden Ring page for all the latest guides, updates, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of FP Good Game.