We feel a little bit like Harry Redknapp does, international football is just an unwelcome distraction from the real thing and club football showed why it reigns supreme with a thrilling weekend of fixtures with some top performances.
It helps that every fixture really means something, with few league champions or relegations decided -- mathematically or otherwise -- big performances from key players can make or break seasons.
And we certainly had some of those this weekend. The EPL may be one of those title races that is almost certainly nearing its end but that doesn't mean there isn't much to play for with the top four battle being its most contested in years.
Liverpool are one side who are desperate to muscle back in and after a poor run of results they must be relieved after this weekend, as they looked back to their old-self against a dire Arsenal side. Right back Trent Alexander-Arnold was back to his best too and he makes it into our Team of the Week 28 predictions.
Trent Alexander-Arnold was back to his best for Liverpool. (Picture: EA Sports)
Kevin De Bruyne, who hasn't put a pass wrong all season, was at it again against Leicester all but tying up the league for Man City, as the blue half of Manchester strolled to a 2-0 victory.
De Bruyne will surely be the Premier League's player of the season. (Picture: EA Sports)
Another player who has impressed mightily all season is Bayern Munich's Leon Goretzka and he may have effectively won the league for Bayern after scoring the sole goal in a 1-0 win against second-place RB Leipzig. It's the sort of performance that makes him a nailed on for a place in TOTW 28.
Check out our full team and check back later in the week to find out how many we got right!
FIFA 21 Team of the Week 28 predictions
- GK: Marco Silvestri - Verona
- RB: Trent Alexander-Arnold - Liverpool
- CB: Mat Hummels - Borussia Dortmund
- CB: Kamil Glik - Benevento
- LB: Caio Henrique - Monaco
- DM: Casemiro - Real Madrid
- CM: Leon Goretzka - Bayern Munich
- AM: Kevin De Bruyne - Man City
- LW: Matheus Pereira - West Brom
- RW: Marcus Thuram - Borussia M.Gladbach
- ST: Harry Kane - Tottenham
- ST: Gerard Moreno - Villareal
- GK: Mike Maignan - Lille
- CB: Bastoni - Inter
- LB: Mica Pinto - Sparta Rotterdam
- CM: Adam Maher - FC Utrecht
- LW: Nathan Redmond - Southampton
- AM: Ruben Vargas - Augsburg
- CF: Iago Aspas - Celta Vigo
- AM: Ilias Chair - Queens Park Rangers
FIFA 21's TOTW 28 players will be available from 7th March (6 pm UK) and will be in FUT packs for seven days.