Bayern Munich's Lewandowski got a double in a 5-1 drubbing of second-place Leverkusen, Atalanta's Josip Iličić also bagged two in a 4-1 win against Empoli and Firmino got a confidence-building hattrick in Liverpool's defeat of Watford.
And that's just some of the players that didn't make it into our FIFA 22 Team of the Week 5 predictions.
But there simply wasn't the room, Salah got the nod over Firmino, the Egyptian starting the 5-0 riot with a sumptuous assist and then capped the performance with the last goal, and what a goal it was, sending three Watford defenders to the shops before curling a beautiful strike past the keeper. How can anyone say this guy isn't the best in the world?
Elsewhere, Mbappé proved that he has definitely firing on all cylinders with a game-winning penalty, Haaland too was at the races, scoring two as Dortmund beat Mainz and moved into second in the league.
You could be forgiven for thinking that all this talk of goals means we don't appreciate keep clean sheets but you couldn't be more wrong. Case in point, Édouard Mendy. The Chelsea stopper was the difference in the Blues match against Brentford, saving at least three shots that looked certain goals. It's a performance that gives him a rightful place in our predictions.
Check out the rest of the TOTW 5 predictions below.
FIFA 22 Team of the Week 5 - predictions
We have split our predictions between the starting XI, bench and reserves.
Players will be available on Wednesday from 6 pm BST and in packs for seven days after the fact.
- GK: Édouard Mendy (Chelsea)
- LB: Vital N'Simba (Clermont Foot)
- CB: Angelo Ogbonna (West Ham)
- CB: Willi Orban (RB Leipzig)
- RB: Martín Cáceres (Calgari)
- CM: Youri Tielemans (Leicester)
- CM: Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)
- LW: Kylian Mbappé (PSG)
- AM: Mario Pasalic (Atalanta)
- RW: Mo Salah (Liverpool)
- CF: Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)
- GK: Yassine Bounou (Sevilla)
- RB: Pablo Maffeo (Mallorca)
- CB: Konstantinos Mavropanos (VfB Stuttgart)
- CB: Lewis Dunk (Brighton)
- RB: DeAndre Yedlin (Galatasary)
- DM: Anthony Losilla (Bochum)
- CM: Ruben Neves (Wolves)
- LW: Karl Toko Ekambi (Lyon)
- LW: Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich)
- RW: Felipe Anderson (Lazio)
- ST: Taiwo Awoniyi (Union Berlin)
- ST: Oliver Giroud (Milan)
- ST: Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)
FIFA 22 TOTW 5 players will be available from Wednesday, 13th October (6 pm UK) and will be in FUT packs for seven days.
Featured image courtesy of EA Sports.