The FIFA esport scene has been quiet since the COVID-19 outbreak, with events cancelled and not much else but a few invitationals often involving professional footballers rather than the esports biggest stars, that's why it was such a pleasant surprise to see the FIFA 20 FaceOff in partnership with Twitch Rivals getting underway.
Featuring some of the game's most well-known players, such as Hashtag United's Tom Leese and current FIFA eWorld Cup champion Mohammed "MoAuba" Harkous, and prominent Twitch streamers and celebrities, the tournament will see the pro players battle it out on Day 1 in 1v1 matches ahead of the Day 2 matches where the celebs and Twitch streamers will be paired up as captains of a team, where they will then draft the pros.
Meet the Twitch Streamer Duos, drafting teams for the Twitch Rivals FIFA20 FaceOff Pro Club bracket! https://t.co/c7qfuwDDUW@BruceGrannec@Gael_Monfils@bateson87@RobertPG94@DuplanTV@plkdytâ€” Twitch Esports (@TwitchEsports) June 15, 2020
The event which kicks of Monday, 15th June and is wrapped up by Tuesday, 16th has an $80K prize pool, with 1st place team walking away with $10K.
Here is everything you need to know ahead of the event.
Pro Player Qualifiers - Day 1
- # Players: 16 Players
- Format: Round Robin
- Players will compete in four (4) groups of 4 players each
- In each matchup, players will play against their opponent twice. In each game, players will take turns as the Home team.
- After two games, the player with the higher aggregate score is determined the winner of the match.
- There must be a winner in each Match.
- Game 1 in the Match may end in a draw.
- If the aggregate score after Game 2 results in a tie between opponents, the players must play Extra Time and, if applicable, a penalty shootout.
- After all Round Robin games are played, the Top 2 players in each Group will advance to the Player Draft & Day 2.
Finals - Day 2
- # Teams: 4 Teams
- Game Mode: Pro Clubs
- Format: Single Elimination
- In each matchup, teams will play against their opponent twice. In each game, teams will take turns as the Home team.
- After two games, the team with the higher aggregate score is determined the winner of the match.
- If there is a tie in aggregate score after 2 games, a 3rd game will be played with Golden Goal rules.
- Each match will be broadcasted.
- Day 1 Qualifiers: Monday, 15th June: 9:00 am PDT | 18:00 CEST
- Day 2 Finals: Tuesday, 16th June: 10:00 am PDT | 19:00 CEST
|Placement||Prizing Per Player|
How to watch the Twitch Rivals FIFA 20 FaceOff
The entire tournament can be watched on the official broadcast on the Twitch Rivals channel. We have embedded the channel for you below.