Becoming a Mentor in FFXIV is no easy task, but truly shows your dedication to the game. It's not just a fancy title, either. These players have certain responsibilities that they'll need to fulfill.
What Do Mentors Do In FFXIV?
Mentors are expected to actively perform the following tasks:
- Provide gameplay advice for new adventurers and other players.
- Be an exemplar for player etiquette.
- Invite new adventurers to the Novice Network, and answer their queries in the chat channel.
Mentors will also receive a small crown icon next to their in-game name so that new players know who they can count on when they need advice.
So, if you want to become a Mentor in FFXIV, we have the answers you need.
How To Become A Mentor In FFXIV
Firstly, it should be known that there are different types of mentors in FFXIV. These are Trade Mentors and Battle Mentors. Since the release of Endwalker, the requirements for becoming a Mentor have changed slightly.
That being said, it is still no easy feat to become a Mentor, and players looking to acquire this crown icon will certainly have their work cut out for them. Here are the requirements for becoming a Mentor in FFXIV:
- Complete any level 90 Tank role Quest
- Complete any level 90 Healer role Quest
- Complete any level 90 melee DPS or ranged DPS role Quest
- Complete 1000 dungeons, raids, or trials
- Receive 1500 player commendations
- Reach level 90 with any Disciple of the Land (Gathering) Job
- Reach level 90 with any Disciple of the Hand (Crafting) Job
- Synthesize 100 collectables
- Gather or catch 300 collectables
Once these requirements are complete, it is possible to apply to become a Mentor via The Smith NPC at any of the three major starting cities. Now that you are a Mentor, you should remember it is your job to help out the Sprouts of the game and help them find their way.