Getting your own house and land plot in Final Fantasy 14 has been an ordeal for a huge majority of players over the MMORPG's lifetime. There aren't typically that many that go up for sale, and the competition for ones that do is fierce. There are varying sizes of houses, too. Estates that range from small cottages, to medium houses, up to large mansion plots.
Players can also purchase housing privately or as part of their Free Company, the latter of which contains a Company Workshop for players to build Free Company Airships and more. There are a lot of intricacies to how housing works in Final Fantasy 14, and it's important to know when exactly the lotteries begin. Here, we'll go over what you need to know about housing in Final Fantasy 14, and when the next housing lottery is set to take place.
Table of Contents
Final Fantasy 14 Housing Lottery Schedule (November 2023)
The following dates and times is when the housing lottery will be live in November 2023:
- Oct. 30 - Nov. 4 at 6:59 a.m. PDT: Entry period
- Nov. 4 at 7:00 a.m. PDT to Nov. 8 at 6:59 a.m. PDT: Results period
- Nov. 8 - Nov. 13 at 6:59 a.m. PDT: Entry period
- Nov. 13 at 7:00 a.m. PDT to Nov. 17 at 6:59 a.m. PDT: Results Period
- Nov. 17 - Nov. 22 at 6:59 a.m. PDT: Entry period
- Nov. 22 at 7:00 a.m. PDT to Nov. 26 at 6:59 a.m. PDT: Results Period
- Nov. 26 - Dec. 1 at 6:59 a.m. PDT: Entry period
- Dec. 1 at 7:00 a.m. PDT to Dec. 5 at 6:59 a.m. PDT: Results Period
How Does Housing Work In Final Fantasy 14?
Housing plots in Final Fantasy 14 are strictly limited, meaning not everyone can just purchase an in-game property. There are five Residential Districts currently in-game, each one has 30 wards. Each of these wards has a total of 60 plots, which works out to around 9,000 plots per server. Of these 9,000 plots, 6,000 of them are Small Plots, 2,100 of them are Medium Plots, and the remaining 900 are Large Plots.
How Much Do Houses Cost In Final Fantasy 14?
Aside from choosing which sized plot you wish to purchase, you'll also need to Gil to back it up. As such, the prices of plots varies depending on what you're after:
Final Fantasy 14 Housing Lottery System Explained
Given the limited amount of housing available in Final Fantasy 14, Square Enix has implemented a housing lottery system in order to give players as fair a shot as possible at securing housing. In order to be in with a chance of purchasing a plot, players will need to submit a lottery entry for the desired plot ahead of time. This entry period is usually determined in advance and lasts for five days.
Once the entry period is over, the results period begins which lasts for four days. Here, one winning entry for each plot is randomly selected from the pool of applicants and the winning participant will be able to finalize their purchase. This is done by heading to the plot and accessing the placard at its entrance.
Once the results of the previous housing lottery have been determined and finalized, the next lottery will begin. If the winning applicant does not claim their plot within the results period, the plot will then be forfeit.
Final Fantasy 14 Housing Lottery Entry Requirements
Not every player is automatically eligible to enter the housing lottery in Final Fantasy 14. To be eligible, players must ensure they meet the following entry requirements:
Buying for yourself:
- You must have at least one class at level 50.
- You must hold the rank of second lieutenant or above in one of the Grand Companies.
Buying for a Free Company:
- Your free company must be rank 6 or above.
- Your free company must have four or more members.
- You must be authorized by your free company to purchase and relinquish land.
- You must have been a member of your free company for 30 days or longer.