Deal damage with Gatherer remains
This challenge might be a bit confusing, and many players might even be asking themselves: "What is a Gatherer?".
First up, Gatherers in Fortnite is small drones which spawn with those big Gorgers, the heralds of Galactus in Fortnite Season 4.
(Picture: Epic Games)
To complete the Season 4 Week 4 challenge, you will need to deal 10,000 damage with Gatherer remains.
Here's a step-by-step guide to getting it done.
- Drop into a Battle Royale match and while you are gliding down, look for a red column of light which quickly disappears, indicating a randomized spawn of a Gorger.
- Pick up a weapon or two close to the Gorger spawn, and start attacking it.
- The Gorger will spawn some Gatherers. Focus on a Gatherer to take it down and use its remains as a weapon.
- The Gatherer remains functions as a powerful handheld laser cannon with two firing modes.
- One firing mode is semi-automatic, unleashing short laser blasts. The other is used to unleash a powerful blast to deal high damage but it uses up the Gatherer remains with one blast.
- Use the Gatherer remains to deal massive damage to the Gorger. You might need several Gatherer remains to reach the damage target for the Fortnite Season 4 Week 4 challenge.
As with all weekly challenges, Gorger spawns might be highly contested, so it is best to bring some friends to get some Gatherer remains and use them to deal damage.
Check out the video from YouTuber SyperPK below showing you how to find and deal damage with the Gatherer remains in Fortnite.