Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 has finally arrived, bringing significant changes to the beloved battle royale game. Among the updates are a new map with fresh points of interest to explore, a battle pass with new skins and rewards, and exciting new weapons like the Kinetic Blade and Overclocked Pulse Rifle.
However, one of the most noteworthy changes is the introduction of new Reality Augments, a special perk system that was implemented at the start of Fortnite Chapter 4. This guide will detail everything about this new perk system in Fortnite, including how to use and activate them. We'll also detail some of the new Reality Augments added in Chapter 4 Season 2.
Fortnite Reality Augment: How To Activate & Use
Reality Augment is basically a perk system that grants a temporary buff to the players. These perks are given to the players at certain intervals in their match, and they will be given a randomized choice of two Reality Augments.
The longer a user survives in the match, the more Reality Augments they will collect. Also, it's worth noting that Reality Augments last until the match's end. After receiving a Reality Augment, press "7" on your keyboard and select one of the perks to activate it. After that, the buff will automatically be applied.
All Reality Augments in Fortnite
There are tons of Reality Augments in Fortnite, and this list is expected to evolve with future updates.
New Reality Augments:
- Dumpster Diving: Loot will spawn nearby when you leave a hiding place. Can occur once per hiding place.
- Treasure Hunter: Nearby Chests are marked the first time you enter a POI.
- Slap Surplus: Find a Slap Juice in every Chest you open. If the Chest already had a Slap Juice, it'll have an extra one!
- Munitions Slide: Gain medium ammo while sliding.
- Medium Ammo Amp: Your weapons using medium ammo will have an increased magazine size.
- Shotgun Recycle: Weapons using Shotgun ammo have a chance not to consume ammo.
- Dignified Finish: Eliminations refresh a cooldown for the Kinetic Blade’s Dash Attack.
Returning Reality Augments:
- Light Fingers: You reload weapons that use light ammo faster than normal.
- Sniper Surplus: Sniper Rifles gain one extra ammo in its magazine.
- Aerialist: You can redeploy your glider easily for the rest of the match.
- Chug Gunner: You get a Chug Cannon.
- Jelly Angler: You receive a fishing rod with which you can fish anywhere but only catch jellyfish.
- Bloodhound: Enemies hit by your marksman rifle or bow shots are marked for a brief duration.
- Shadow Striker: Become able to get Shadow Bombs from containers.
- More Parkour: More Parkour: You gain a small amount of energy right after mantling or hurdling.
- Keymaster: You can get two keys for opening Holo-Chests.
Other Reality Augments:
- Storm Mark: When the storm changes, ping the area to highlight nearby enemies for a short period of time.
- Mechanical Archer: Gives you a Mechanical Explosive Bow and Mechanical Shockwave Bow.
- Rifle Recycle: Weapons that use medium ammo have a small chance of not consuming ammo.
- Demolition Munitions: Objects you destroy, excluding player built ones, have a small chance of dropping explosives.
- Supercharged: Your vehicles have increased health and don’t consume fuel.
- Pistol Amp: Pistols have an increased magazine size.
- Tactical Armory: You get a Rare Tactical AR and Combat Shotgun.
- Splash Medic: Every loot container you open has the chance of dropping one Chug Splash.
- Tricked Out: Whenever you enter a Car or a Truck, you automatically apply Chonkers Tires and Cow Catcher to it.
- Soaring Sprints: While sprinting, you’ll be able to jump much higher—and jump with lower gravity.
- Forecast: You can always see the next storm circle.
- Rushing Reload: Sprinting reloads your equipped Shotgun over time.
- Party Time: You gain Balloons over time.
- Bow Specialist: your bows regenerate arrows after a short period of time. They reload and draw faster too.
- Bush Warrior: You regenerate health and partial shields while inside large foliage.
- First Assault: The first bullet in the magazine of your Assault Rifle deals bonus damage.
- Rift Jector Seat: Anytime your Shield breaks, you’ll rift into the sky after a short delay. (New)
- Icy Slide: Get a brief icy speed boost after sliding.
- Harvester: Foliage you destroy will drop Big Bush Bombs and forageables. It also increases the effectiveness of eating forageables.
- Mythic Munitionn: Obtain a Mythic Pistol.
So that's everything you need to know about Reality Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2.
For more Fortnite news be sure to check out our dedicated section, or some of our Guides & Tutorials, just below:
Fortnite Guides - All Fortnite Redeem Codes | When Does Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 5 Start?|All Fortnite Twitch Drop Rewards| How To Make Your Own Fortnite Skin |
Fortnite Events - Fortnite Winterfest 2022 |
The Best Fortnite Creative Codes - Best Edit Course Codes|Best Prop Hunt Codes|Best Zombie Map Codes
Featured image courtesy of Epic Games.