We will be showing you how to put together the best build for Ganyu in Genshin Impact, while also shedding some light on where she sits in the rankings among her fellow adventurers.
Ganyu Rating in Genshin Impact
Ganyu is placed into the SS-tier ranking for Genshin Impact characters, most notably for her high DPS capabilities, ranged Cryo arrows, and powerful AOE (Area of Effect) attacks that can continuously harm and freeze her enemies. This makes her useful in upfront combat situations, but also makes her capable of supporting her team with powerful attacks or setting up enemies for follow-up moves.
But this doesn't mean she's peaked in terms of her abilities, far from it. With the right build to capitalize on her Cryo damage and maximize her passive ability, Undivided Heart, she can become a real powerhouse. Her weapons are somewhat flexible, but the Artifacts can be a grind, so to get you started, we have listed the items you'll need for the best Ganyu build below.
Best Ganyu Build in Genshin Impact
Below are the main weapons you should use for the best Ganyu build in Genshin Impact. If you cant acquire these weapons or artifacts yet for any reason, we have also provided some substitutes that can hold you over just as well until you find the recommended gear.
Recommended Weapon: Amos’ Bow
The most popular choice for Ganyus builds as it increases her attack strength significantly. The secondary stat increases her attack strength by 10% at the lowest level, and the passive skill offers another 12% increase.
It also has the bonus of giving Ganyu a charge effect the longer she charges the bow before releasing, the more powerful the shot. And finally, each arrow gains 8% damage for every 0.1 seconds it's in the air, making this truly the ideal weapon for our Cryo archer Ganyu.
- Genshin Impact Surreptitious Seven-Star Seal Sundering Quest Guide
- Bennett - Rating & Best Build in Genshin Impact
- Genshin Impact A Muddy Bizarre Adventure Event - How to Complete
- Genshin Impact Shikanoin Heizou - Release Date, Abilities, Talents
- Thundering Pulse - Increases ATK by 20% and grants the might of the Thunder Emblem. The bow also stacks damage after one normal attack, and after casting elemental skills, all while energy is less than 100%. Each stack will increase your Normal damage by 12/24/40% respectively.
- Polar Star - Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst DMG are increased by 12%. After performing a Normal attack, Charged Attack, Elemental Skill, or Elemental Burst, you also gain a stack, and each stack increases your damage by 10/20/30/48%.
Recommended Artifact: Blizzard Strayer Set
This Artifact Set grants you benefits at both two pieces, or having the full set. With two pieces, you get a 15% increase in Cryo damage, and at four pieces you get the full benefits of Ganyu's AOE attacks.
Here, any character attacking an enemy caught in her Cryo gains a critical rate increase of 20% against that enemy. If the opponent is frozen the critical rate increases an additional 20%.
Also, since the Undivided heart ability already increases the Frostflake Arrow's critical hit rats by 20%, when firing an arrow at a frozen opponent, you have a 60% chance that the arrow and the Cryo AOE will be critical.
- Nobless Oblige - The two-piece set grants the player a 20% increase to their Elemental Burst damage. While the four-piece gives all your teammates a 20% attack boost for 12 seconds after a successful Elemental Burts.
- Wanderers Troupe - For Bow and Catalyst users, the four-piece set increases the damage of Charged Attacks by 35%. When using the two-piece set, the user gains Elemental Mastery by 80 as a flat number, not a percentage.
- Shimenawa's Reminiscence - The four-piece set provides a unique bonus where characters lose energy whenever they use their elemental skill with 15 or more energy. In exchange, they receive a 50% increase in their Normal, Charged, and Plunging attack damage.
For more on the game, head to our section dedicated to the latest Genshin Impact guides, news, tips, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of miHoYo.