The Genshin Impact 2.5 patch notes reveal some additional new content such as recipes, achievements and even some items. Alongside the new content revealed, there are also optimizations, bug fixes and adjustments.
New Genshin Impact 2.5 content
We already know about most of the new content in the Genshin Impact 2.5 update, including the likes of Yae Miko and the best build for this new character.
While most of the content has already been revealed, and we won't list it all here, the Genshin Impact 2.5 patch notes do show even more content coming with the update, including recipes, items and more.
Check out the additional new content via the Genshin Impact 2.5 patch notes below.
- New Recipes: "Sangayaki," "Udon Noodles," and "Fukuuchi Udon."
- New Namecards: "Celebration: Binge Vessel," "Yae Miko: Kitsune Dreaming," and "Travel Notes: Awakening."
- New Achievements added to the "Wonders of the World" category.
- New Furnishings: "Leisure Device: On the Pulse" and "Sub-Space Cabochon: In Soaring Flight."
- New Living Being: Coral Butterfly, which can be caught during the "Three Realms Gateway Offering" event. (In subsequent Versions, they can be redeemed through the Teapot Traveling Salesman. Please pay attention to subsequent Version details.)
- "Wanderer's Advice" is newly added to the weekly redeemable items in the Realm Depot.
- "Dynamic Range" and "Output Settings" newly added in Settings > Audio.
- Newly added icon hints to the Artifacts filtering interface.
- Adds the feature of adding Weapons at once to the Destruction System.
- Adds some prompts for loading screens.
Additionally, Spiral Abyss Ley Line Disorders for Floor 11 and 12 have been adjusted, and there are two new Lunar Phases.
Phase I: Lightning Moon
When opponents take Electro-Charged DMG, their Electro RES decreases by 10% for 10s. Max 4 stacks. Each stack's duration is independent. Each enemy can receive this effect once every 1.2s.
Phase II: Godcall Moon:
When the active character's Normal Attacks, Charged Attacks, Plunging Attacks, Elemental Skills, and Elemental Bursts hit an opponent affected by Electro, a shockwave is created at that opponent's position, dealing True DMG. A shockwave may be produced in this manner every 2s.
Now, let's take a look at the improvements, fixes and optimizations in via the Genshin Impact 2.5 patch notes.
Genshin Impact 2.5 patch notes - Optimizations & improvements
There are several improvements and optimizations via the official Genshin Impact 2.5 patch notes.
Check out the Genshin Impact 2.5 update patch notes below.
- Optimizes weapon crafting order. Weapon crafting list will be sorted by weapon type.
- Optimizes the UI style of the new Books archive unlock hint.
- The top tab in the character Artifact page now supports scrolling by using a controller.
- Optimizes the filtering and sorting function of Artifacts.
- Optimizes the filter function of character Artifacts: a maximum of 2 affixes can now be selected.
- Optimizes the UI display style of the Resin replenishment pop-up window: Upon reaching the maximum number of times Original Resin can be replenished, the exchange button will turn gray (the button will disappear for controller controls).
- Optimizes the area of effects on some enemies after they are knocked down to provide a smoother gaming experience.
- Optimizes the guidance of some quests to reduce the difficulty of adventuring: adjusted the Adventure Rank requirement of the World Quest "When the Trail Goes Cold". After the adjustment, Travelers with an Adventure Rank of 22 or above can accept the quest.
- Adds option to adjust the dynamic range of audio in "Settings/Audio > Other Settings."
- Adds option to switch between stereo or surround sound in "Settings/Audio > Other Settings." Relevant devices are required to experience stereo or surround sound effects.
- Optimizes ambient sound and some sound effects.
- Optimizes the frequency of voice line triggers for some characters.
- Optimizes the Japanese and Korean voice-over for certain characters and quests.
- Replaces Oz's Chinese voice artist and replaces Oz's related voice-over.
Other improvements & optimizations:
- The appearances of the NPCs Jean, Amber, Rosaria, and Mona will be adjusted to the Alternate Outfits in Version 2.5 and in the quests of previous versions.
- Removes cutscenes from previous events to reduce the size of the client.
- Starting from Version 2.5, the bitrate for new cutscenes on mobile will be adjusted to 25,000 kbps to streamline client size.
- Adjusts the height of the central stage disc in all levels on Floors 1 – 8 of the Spiral Abyss
- Adds borders when moving the cursor with a controller in the Serenitea Pot editing menu.
- Optimizes the description text of the stored set in the Serenitea Pot.
- Optimizes some animations of the characters Ningguang and Lisa in the Character > Weapon interface.
- Adds dialogue to the Narukami Island region's Grand Narukami Shrine NPC Inagi Hitomi: after the dialogue, Travelers who have completed the World Quest "Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual" can obtain the Furnishing "A Mask".
- After the Version 2.5 update, the red dot of some announcements will only appear on the "Announcements" button and no longer displayed on the Paimon Menu in the top-left corner of the interface.
- To improve account security, some Travelers who have not logged in for a long time and are using iOS devices will need to re-verify their devices.
So there you have it, the full Genshin Impact 2.5 patch notes, including new content you might not have known about, as well as the bug fixes, adjustments and optimizations.
Don't forget to check our dedicated Genshin Impact section, where you can find all the news, guides, and previews you desire, as well as our Genshin Impact Twitter account.
Featured image courtesy of miHoYo.