Grand Theft Auto Online keeps racking up piles of money for Rockstar Games, and it looks set to continue that trend with the announcement of GTA+, a new subscription-based service that provides constant benefits for its users.
According to Rockstar Games, being a GTA+ will get you $500k in GTA Online money for each month you are subscribed, RP bonuses, member-only discounts, a chance to claim properties, and more.
Benefits besides the guaranteed monthly $500k vary depending on when players subscribe. There are some caveats to GTA+, so let's get down to everything you need to know.
Who can subscribe to GTA+ in GTA Online?
GTA Online is available on a wide variety of consoles, from last-gen ones (PS4 and Xbox One) to current-gen hardware (Xbox Series X/S and PS5), as well as PC. The multiplayer component was even accessible on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 until this past December.
- False GTA Online bans on PS5 and Xbox Series X - How to avoid
- The best Motorbikes in GTA Online next-gen
- How to get the fastest motorbike in GTA Online next-gen
- Best combat vehicle in GTA Online next-gen - How to get
Sadly, for those playing on PC or last-gen consoles, GTA+ will only be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X players.
GTA+ subscription cost
If you're eligible to join the GTA+ program, the cost will be $5.99 a month. No plans for annual fees were revealed by Rockstar at this time.
The only requirements on top of having an eligible console are to own a copy of either Grand Theft Auto V or GTA Online and a platform account with a valid registered method of payment for the platform on which you choose to purchase your GTA+ Membership.
To join GTA+, simply check the PS Store from your PS5 or access the Microsoft Store if you're an Xbox player, and pay the initial sign-up $5.99 fee.
GTA+ rewards and start date
The first month of benefits will start on 29th March, lasting until 27th April.
Players who decide to join the service will get access to the following GTA 5 online benefits:
- GTA$500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
Rockstar announces GTA+ subscription for GTA Online ($5.99 a month) https://t.co/1JR5Im6w9upic.twitter.com/tT6iW0jnFO— Wario64 (@Wario64) March 25, 2022
Expect every month to feature new exclusive GTA+ rewards but don't worry if you're not interested or can't sub to the service: "all GTA+ benefits are provided in addition to our regular GTA Online events, which will continue as normal for all players."
Featured image courtesy of Rockstar Games.