If your PlayStation 5 is showing CE-105799-1 Error Code, this means that your PS5 can not connect to the server.
This error occurs when trying to connect to the PlayStation Network (PSN).
Try some of the options below to make sure that everything is properly connected.
How to fix PS5 CE-113212-0 Error Code
- Check the PSN status page to see if the server is working, or if there is no maintenance going on.
- Turn off your PlayStation 5, wait for 5-10 minutes, then turn it on again.
- If possible, connect to the internet using a wired connection and configure the network settings again.
- If using a wireless connection, try to bring your PS5 closer to your router or remove anything that could possibly interrupt the connection between the devices.
- Turn off your router and modem, wait at least 5 minutes, then restart it.
- Update the firmware of your router. For more information about this, you should contact your router vendor.
- Try opening these ports. TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480 and UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 to 65535.
For help with port opening and router settings, you should contact your ISP (Internet service provider).
- Go to the network settings and set up a static IP address manually. It could be improved by changing DNS settings temporarily.
- Go to DNS settings in the Network Settings, and configure your network settings with the number of a public DNS that is free and open to the public by companies or organisations.
If none of the above-listed solutions fixes your problem, it is possible that the server is temporarily busy, try leaving it for some time and come back later.