The final Hearthstone expansion for 2022 has been announced in a recent live stream. March of the Lich King will introduce not only a ton of new cards but a brand-new Hero class as well. Death Knights are coming to Hearthstone (again) as the eleventh playable class.
This article will cover all the news surrounding March of the Lich King in the lead-up to its eventual release, including new cards, new mechanics, and more.
Updated on 1 December 2022: This article was updated and checked for the latest 'March of the Lich King' content details.
March Of The Lich King Release Date
Hearthstone's next expansion, March of the Lich King, is confirmed to be released worldwide on December 6, 2022. The exact time has yet to be confirmed but based on previous expansions, we can expect March of the Lich King to be made available at approximately 10:00 Pacific Time. Past Hearthstone expansions have been released between 10:00-11:00 am PDT, so as long as there are no maintenance issues, March of the Lich King should follow a similar schedule.
That being said, good luck trying to get online during this time. The server speed was glacial following the release of this year's Halloween event, and "new expansion day" will be even worse. You can expect it to take a couple of hours for server traffic to die down.
March of the Lich King New Features
First and foremost, the rumors were right, and Death Knight is confirmed to be the eleventh playable Hearthstone class and the second class to be added to the game since release. Let's take a look at the new Hero class and what Death Knight players can expect from the gameplay.
The second-ever playable class, Death Knight, will be launching with Hearthstone's March of the Lich King expansion. Check out everything you need to know about this unique class below.
- Hero Power - Ghoul Charge: Summon a 1/1 Ghoul with charge. It dies at the end of the turn.
- Corpses: Whenever a friendly minion dies, you gain Corpse resources. These can be spent by other cards for various effects.
- Runes: Frost, Unoly, and Blood runes will be added to the Death Knight class. Players can select a maximum of three runes for each deck, and Certain Death Knight cards will require different amounts of runes to be included. For example, some cards can only be included in triple Blood Rune decks.
All of these mechanics come together to make a very interesting class that we are looking forward to trying out. The Death Knight Class will launch with 68 cards total.
Tons of new features and mechanics are coming in this expansion. Check out everything you need to know below.
- New Keyword - Manathirst: Cards with Manathirst (x) gain a bonus once you have that number of Mana Crystals. Playing these cards does not expend the Mana Crystal cost.
- New Minion Type - Undead: Undead is being added as a keyword for new and existing minions. Reborn will also be returning as a Standard keyword.
- Dual Minion Types: Minions can now have two minion types, such as Undead / Beast.
- Signature Cards: Signature cards will be added to the game displaying the full card art. They will be obtainable in packs and will be uncraftable.
You can check out the cinematic trailer and full reveal stream below.
March of the Lich King Card List
Here is the full list of March of the Lich King Cards. We will keep this list updated as new cards are announced.
We will continue to update this list as more cards are revealed.
And that's all. For more content, check out our section dedicated to Hearthstone news, guides, leaks, updates, features, and more.
- When Is Hearthstone March Of The Lich King Release Date
- Hearthstone free packs: The ultimate free to play (F2P) guide for beginners (2022)
- Is Hearthstone worth playing in 2022?
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard.