With most of the regional leagues now in their final stretch before the 2021 World Championship, the next few updates will be focused on giving shape to the competitive meta from now on, with patch 11.19 set to be the Worlds patch.
Patch 11.17 will also take care of lightening the selections out of the competitive with some buffs, nerfs and even adjustments, while some champions will receive big adjustments to introduce them back to the game, and giving some others a well-deserved rest.
Patch 11.17: Major updates for Lucian, Amumu and Gangplank
Over the course of the week Jeevun “Jag” Sidhu, Lead Game Designer, shared some of the major changes we'll see on 11.17, with Lucian leading the roster by receiving an adjustment in his power, shifting his role as a flex-pick to be a better pick for the bot lane.
While his base damage will be reduced from 64 to 62, his passive will now strengthen his attacks if he has received any ally buff. In addition, the mana cost of his Ardent Blaze will go from 70 to 60, allies proccing the mark will also trigger Vigilance, and his ult will now do less damage and shoot fewer hits, but also has a better critical strike chance.
Amumu will receive more than severe changes, starting with a reduction in health and base armor, his Bandage Toss will now have two charges but will do less damage, his Despair will receive an adjustment in its fixed and percentage damage, and the stun of his ult will last less time.
Gangplank joins this list with a change to his passive, giving him movement speed per level instead of a flat percentage, his Parrley will now be counted as a ranged attack, and his Powder Keg will have an increase in its critical damage and in the number of barrels you can put in, although its reload time will be a bit longer.
Patch 11.17: Champion changes
Now, moving on to the buffs for 11.17, these will bring lots of needed upgrades for champions like Xayah and Senna, whose performance has been underwhelming in recent patches, while also giving some power to Ekko as a jungler.
There are also some tweaks for Nami and Lissandra on their base stats, a lower cooldown on Eve’s ultimate, and a stronger on-damage for Teemo’s E, making him a dangerous target since early in the game.
- Passive – Z-Drive Resonance: Increased damage vs monsters from 150% to 200%
- R – Last Caress: Cooldown from 140/110/80 seconds to 120/100/80 seconds
- Base attack damage from 53 to 55
- Q – Ice Shard: Mana cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 55/60/65/70/75
- Base health from 475 to 490
- W – Ebb and Flow: Mana cost from 70/85/100/115/130 to 70/80/90/100/110
- Passive – Absolution: Critical strike damage from 150% to 160%, and Soul Drop rate from 4.166% to 10% for minions and small monsters Senna kills (other drop rates unchanged)
- E – Toxic Shot: Magic damage on-hit from 11/22/33/44/55 (+30% Ability Power) to 14/25/36/47/58 (+30% Ability Power)
- Q – Double Daggers: Cast time from 0.25s to 0.25-0.1 (at 0-215% bonus attack speed)
- R – Featherstorm: Base Damage from 125/250/375 to 200/300/400
As for the nerfs, the most affected will be Akshan and Viego, as the first’s passive can no longer claim Scoundrels when he is dead, and the latter is getting some big hits to his range, his passive’s healing, and his ultimate’s slow duration.
Some others affected include Irelia, with a reduction on her Q’s heal, Kayn in his Blue form getting a lower bonus magic damage, Zed is receiving damage adjustments in all of his skills, and Graves and Leona having some reductions in his Q and her W, respectively.
- W – Going Rogue: Akshan can no longer claim Scoundrels when he's dead
- E – Heroic Swing: Damage per shot from (30/55/80/105/130 + 10% Bonus Attack Damage) x (1 + 30% Bonus Attack Speed) to (30/50/70/90/110 + 17.5% Bonus Attack Damage) x (1 + 30% Bonus Attack Speed)
- R – Comeuppance: Cooldown upon cancellation from 15 seconds to 5 seconds
- Q – End of the Line: Mana cost from 60 to 80
- Q – Bladesurge: Heal from 12/14/16/18/20% Attack Damage to 8/10/12/14/16% Attack Damage
- Passive – The Darkin Scythe: Shadow Assassin bonus damage from 12-44% magic damage to 8-30% magic damage
- W – Eclipse: Bonus armor and magic resist from 20/25/30/35/40 to 15/20/25/30/35
- Attack range from 225 to 200
- Passive – Sovereign’s Domination: Healing upon possession from 8% (+2.5% Bonus Attack Damage)(+1.5% Ability Power)(+2.5% Attack Speed) to 3% (+3% Bonus Attack Damage)(+2% Ability Power)(+5% Attack Speed)
- Q – Blade of the Ruined King: Damage multiplier from crit chance from 0-75% (at 0-100% crit chance) to 0-100% (at 0-100% crit chance)
- E – Harrowed Path: Camouflage detection radius from 400 to 450
- R – Heartbreaker: Slow duration from 0.5 seconds to 0.25 seconds
- Q – Razor Shuriken: Ratio from 100% Bonus Attack Damage to 110% Bonus Attack Damage
- E – Shadow Slash: Ratio from 80% Bonus Attack Damage to 65% Bonus Attack Damage
- R – Death Mark: Cooldown from 120/90/60 seconds to 120/100/80 seconds
Patch 11.17: Item and rune changes
Almost all changes will be focused on damage and utility items, with the Youmuu getting a big improvement with an update in its build formula, increasing its ability haste as well, while the Hullbreaker will also give more HP. Lastly, the Fleet Footwork keystone’s heal will be massively increased.
On the other side, the Wit’s End will give less damage due to some fixes in its scaling, the Serpent’s Fang will be less lethal, and the Divine Sunderer’s AD is getting a nerf.
- Attack damage from 40 to 35
- Health from 300 to 400
- Healing from 3-60 (based on level) (+30% bonus AD) (+20% AP) to 10-100 (based on level) (+40% bonus AD) (+30% AP), and healing vs. minions from 100% (melee)/20% (ranged) to 20% (melee)/10% (ranged)
- Lethality from 18 to 12
- On-hit magic damage from 15-80 (linear scaling levels 1-18) to 15 at levels 1-8, 25-80 at levels 9-18
- Total cost from 3,000 to 2,900 gold, build path from Serrated Dirk + Pickaxe + 1025 gold to Caulfield's Warhammer + Serrated Dirk + 700 gold, attack damage from 60 to 55, and +15 ability haste
Patch 11.17: Two new skinlines are coming to League
After being chosen as the winning theme from the 2021 global fan vote, the Crime City Nightmare skinline will finally be released in patch 11.17, featuring five skins based an urban landscap within a black magic world.
These will not come alone, as another skinline will join the game with the addition of the Phoenix skins. This set will be released as part of the 10th anniversary celebrations of the Chinese super server, inspired by its culture with bright colours, lots of plumage, jade stone details and god-like auras.
Each of these skins will have a cost of 1,350 RP, along with a variety of chromas available for 290 RP, so prepare your wallet if you want to get your hands on both collections.
Don’t forget to check out our League of Legends dedicated section for more news, guides, updates, and esports coverage.