The Overwatch 2 PvP experience might still be in beta, however, that's not stopping Blizzard from making balance changes to certain heroes, including Zenyatta.
With the loss of one extra tank, with the sequel going for 5v5 teams as opposed to 6v6 in the previous version of the game, some supports have had a hard time adjusting to this. Zenyatta's low mobility and high skill ceiling have made him the perfect target for flanking DPS enemies.
With the aforementioned in mind, Zenyatta mains will be happy to hear his melee ability has extra properties to help him deal with DPS pressure, ones that Leonidas himself would be proud of.
Overwatch 2 PvP beta patch notes
With the patch, Zenyatta's melee has knockback properties as well as a 50% damage increase.
- Overwatch 2 beta reaches 1.5 million concurrent Twitch viewers
- Overwatch League 2022 - Schedule, format, prize pool, and more
- How to get Overwatch 2 PvP beta codes from Overwatch League
- Twitch megastar xQc mistakenly leaks Overwatch 2 in livestream
He's far from the only hero adjusted, take a look at all the changes down below.
- Enabled Quick Play Open Queue
- Made adjustments to Kill Feed and Activity Feed UI
- Adjusted audio mix:
- Reduced bass frequencies on 3rd person weapons
- Fixed a bug in the reverb system that caused reverberation to play from all directions – now should be fully directional towards the sound’s source.
- Fixed a bug where the "Thank you for reporting" message would not clear
- Fixed a bug where names in the friends list would appear alphabetically regardless of game status
- Fixed a bug where heroes that killed themselves would show incorrectly in the kill feed
- Fixed a bug where health packs would sometimes be missing timers
- Fixed a bug where Reaper would sometimes be auto selected on hero select
- Fixed a bug where the control progress bar would sometimes be the wrong color
- Made several adjustments to sound volume and mix
- Fixed several crashes
- Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could crash other players
- Fixed a bug where Melee attacks would not deal damage to Doomfist during Power Block
- Fixed a bug where Roadhog's hook cooldown would start on return instead of cast
- Fixed a bug where Roadhog's Scrap Gun lacked recovery time while Whole Hog was active
- Fixed a bug where Soldier's Heavy Pulse Rifle might snap awkwardly during Tactical Visor
- Fixed a bug when Soldier 76 would have a slanted UI when wearing his Ugly Sweater skin
- Fixed a bug where shooting Symmetra's turrets into the horizon would cause turrets to be unusable
- Fixed a bug where Hanzo's White Wolf skin would appear invisible
- Fixed a bug where Brigitte's shield did not block damage from above
- Fixed a bug where using Nano Boost on Doomfist would overwrite his damage reduction
- Fixed a bug where Sonic Amplifier could jam and not reload
- Adjusted some geometry on top of the train to prevent players from staying there indefinitely
- Adjusted some geometry that could be abused by players
Railgun Alt Fire
- Projectile width increased from 0.05m to 0.1m
- Cooldown reduced from 7 to 6 seconds
Heavy Pulse Rifle
- Damage reduced from 20 to 18
- Movement speed reduced from 50 to 40%
- Now allows for critical hits, if a shot would have been a critical hit outside his ultimate
- No longer removes damage falloff from his Heavy Pulse Rifle
- Movement speed reduced from 65 to 50%
- This ability has changed from a ‘Channeled’ ultimate (e.g. Pharah, Reaper, Cassidy), into a ‘Transform’ ultimate (e.g. Soldier: 76, Genji, Winston). This is what that means:
- The weapon no longer automatically fires, and you must press Primary Fire to use the ultimate
- You can use normal abilities during Whole Hog without canceling the ultimate
- Stuns will no longer cancel the ultimate
- Secondary fire ammo cost reduced from 20 to 12
- Knockback increased by 36%
- Duration reduced from 4 to 3.5 seconds
- Self-healing penalty increased from 30% to 60%
Biotic Launcher Alt Fire
- Healing ammo increased from 10 to 13
- Ammo increased from 12 to 15
- Duration reduced from 4 to 3 seconds
- Base shields increased from 150 to 175
- New Passive Ability
- Increases Quick melee damage by 50% and significantly increases its knockback
- Knockback doubled
For more on all things related to the Overwatch 2, including hero guides, tier lists, and more check out our dedicated section. We'll keep you in the loop with all the latest from Blizzard Entertainment.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.