As a result, the Experimental Mode, Blizzard's little playground open for PC and console users in which the devs try out wackier changes that sometimes are not intended to make it to live servers, is now hosting a massive batch of hitscan changes.
The biggest one includes hitscan damage decreasing to 30% at maximum falloff damage range, down from 50% or half the total damage. This will affect almost every hitscan heroe with some exceptions like Tracer and Sombra.
That's not all this experimental patch offers, let's take a look at the full breakdown down below.
Overwatch Experimental Mode 24th June - patch notes
- Hitscan damage now scales to 30% at maximum falloff range, down from 50% for the following heroes:
- Soldier: 76
- Wrecking Ball
- Weapon spread reduced from 1.5 to 1.2
- Damage area reduced from 3 to 2.5 meters
- No longer builds ultimate charge while using Self Destruct until after her mech detonates
Heavy Pulse Rifle
- Damage falloff is disabled while Tactical Visor is active
- Damage falloff range increased from 60-85 to 70-100 meters
To stay up to date on all things Overwatch, check out our dedicated section.