Overwatch's Anniversary event finally went live, allowing players to take part in any of their favourite seasonal brawls as well as obtain any skins from prior events mixed with some new ones.
On top of the seasonal experience, patch 1.48, which will act as a rebase needing a huge download from players on all platforms, brings in a whole new set of balance changes to the live servers.
The adjustments are as follows:
- Healing reduced from 75 to 70
- Secondary fire: Now reaches max zoom halfway through Ashe's aim down sights, instead of at its conclusion
- Spread decreased 10%
- Shots until max spread reduction lowered from 60 to 40
- Resource drain rate increased 20%
- Healing per second increased from 75 to 90
- Restored functionality allowing D.Va to maintain her current aim pitch when de-meching
- Can now hold down the Ability 2 button to use Seismic Slam as soon as able (and valid, if using the aerial version)
- When landing very close or on top of enemies, the enemy will be pushed in front/away from Doomfist slightly, instead of sometimes having then end up beside/behind Doomfist
- Aerial Seismic Slam no longer has a slight acceleration time, which should make it arrive at the destination more reliably
- Reduced the height of Echo's head hit volume
- Primary Fire
- Projectiles maintain slightly more velocity on ricochet
- Projectile speed increased from 20 to 25
- Ricochet distance off of enemy players greatly reduced
- Bomb detonation time reduced from 1 sec to 0.7
- Bombs spread increased 50%
- Now behaves like Mei’s Ice Wall when it comes to interactions. Cryo-Freeze will block line of sight and collision in much the same way
- Healing per second increased from 50 to 55
- Damage radius reduced from 5 to 4 meters
- Projectile speed increased from 16 to 20
- Projectile duration reduced from 10 to 7 seconds
- Reduced the height of Reinhardt's head hit volume, making it harder to hit him in the head from behind
Orb of Discord
- Damage amplification increased from 25% to 30%
Improved options for the communication wheel have been added, with the option to customise the array of phrases players use the most. So now, on top of having a Genji constantly spamming "I need healing," you'll get Reinhardt shouting "press the attack!" every once in a while.
Opening a web browser to read the latest updates is a thing of the past, with an in-client patch notes reader that will let players on both PC and console stay on top of every change the game receives without leaving the servers.
Other general updates also include:
- Players will now receive an in-game notice thanking them for their cheat report when their report has resulted in an action
- Added buttons to Control map dropships to allow players to reset basketballs
- Play of the Game - Retuned a number of scoring factors to emphasize more active participation in fights
The full patch notes are available on the official Overwatch website. Are you excited for the return of the Anniversary event?