Trading has always been an integral part of any Pokémon game. Ever since Generation I, version exclusives can only be acquired in opposing games via trading with friends. Unfortunately, if you don't have anyone to trade with in real life, your hopes of fully completing the Pokédex are slim to none. Thankfully, the community has found a solution for this. Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trade codes will allow you to acquire version-exclusive Pokémon without even having to communicate with someone!
This article will cover everything you need to know about Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trade codes, including what they are, how to use them, and more.
Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Trade Codes
Here are all the current Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trade codes. They have been arranged in the format Pokémon 1 > Pokémon 2, where "Pokémon 1" is the Pokémon you have to trade, and "Pokémon 2" is the Pokémon you want to receive. So, for example, "Sprigatito > Fuecoco" means that you have a Sprigatito to trade and are looking for a Fuecoco.
- Sprigatito > Fuecoco: 0001-0004
- Sprigatito > Quaxly: 0001-0007
- Fuecoco > Sprigatito: 0004-0001
- Fuecoco > Quaxly: 0004-0007
- Quaxly > Sprigatito: 0007-0001
- Quaxly > Fuecoco: 0007-0004
- Foreign Ditto Swap: 4448-4448
- Armarouge > Ceruledge: 0166-0167
- Any Pokémon holding Auspicious Armor > Any Pokémon holding Malicious Armor: 0166-0167
- Stonejourner > Eiscue: 0319-0320
- Oranguru > Passimian: 0313-0314
- Tauros Fire > Tauros Water: 0223-0223
- Stunky > Gulpin: 0227-0140
- Skuntank > Swalot: 0227-0140
- Drifloon > Misdreavous: 0143-0114
- Drifblim > Mismagius: 0143-0114
- Skrelp > Clauncher: 0337-0339
- Dragalge > Clawitzer: 0337-0339
- Larvitar > Bagon: 0316-0276
- Pupitar > Shelgon: 0316-0276
- Tyranitar > Salamence: 0316-0276
- Deino > Dreepy: 0370-0305
- Zweilous > Drakloak: 0370-0305
- Hydreigon > Dragapult: 0370-0305
- Great Tusk > Iron Treads: 0376-0982
- Scream Tail > Iron Bundle: 0377-0383
- Brute Bonnet > Iron Hands: 0378-0384
- Flutter Mane > Iron Jugulis: 0379-0385
- Slither Wing > Iron Moth: 0380-0386
- Sandy Shocks > Iron Thorns: 0381-0387
- Roaring Moon > Iron Valiant: 0397-0398
- Koraidon > Miraidon: 0399-0400
What Are Pokémon Scarlet And Violet Trade Codes?
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trade codes are a way for trainers to acquire version-exclusive or "one per save file" Pokémon from other players across the world. By using a specific trade code in the Poké Portal based on the Pokémon you are offering and the Pokémon you are looking for, you will be able to connect with someone and trade exclusives. Austin John Plays made a great video explaining the system, which you can check out below:
How To Use Pokémon Scarlet And Violet Trade Codes
To use Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trade codes, all you have to do is perform the actions required during any normal trading session.
- Open the Poké Portal.
- Press "L" to connect to the internet.
- Press "Link Code" and enter the code you want to use.
- Wait for your partner to connect.
It's as simple as that, and with any luck, you should be able to trade version exclusives!
For more on the game, check out our dedicated section to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet news, guides, and more!
How To Evolve Charcadet Into Ceruledge In Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | How To Get To Area Zero Of The Crater In Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | How To Get Paldean Tauros Forms In Pokémon Scarlet And Violet | How To Get Genger For Free In Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
All featured images courtesy of Game Freak / The Pokémon Company.