Pokémon GO's Rhyperion is of the strongest creatures in the game, leading many trainers to want to get their hands on this beast of a battler. Those who haven't caught a Rhyperion of their own might have to go against one of them in a Raid or League thanks to their popularity.
Whether you're training up your own Rhyperion or preparing to fight one, here's Rhyperion's best moveset and counters in Pokémon GO.
Rhyperion Pokémon GO counters
Rhyperion is known for having a lot of HP, but smart trainers can no doubt take down this strong Ground-and-Rock type if they use the right attackers on their team.
Knowing which types Rhyperion is weak against is key to winning against this Pokémon.
- How To Get A Rocky Road Special Research In Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Water Festival 2022 - Pokémon, timed research, more
- Pokémon GO Fest Sapporo - Tickets, featured Pokemon, more
- Pokémon Legends Arceus - The Complete list of Pokemon
Rhyperion takes super-effective damage from the following types:
Because of Rhyperion's wide array of weaknesses, it's wise to take a Pokémon with you that can take advantage of them.
The following Pokémon are great contenders to take down Rhyperion:
- Mega Blastoise
- Mega Gyarados
- Mega Venusaur
- Shadow Swampert
- Shadow Torterra
Rhyperion Pokémon GO moveset
Rhyperion is able to use both a quick move and a main move, and players should ensure they have the best ones equipped on their Rhyperion for optimal results in battle.
- Mud-Slap - Mud-Slap is a Ground-type move, so it's only weak against Bug, Grass, and Flying types. It has a high DPS and does a great deal of damage, making it the perfect pick for Rhyperion's quick move.
- Rock Wrecker - Rock Wrecker must be learned through an Elite TM, ,and is the best choice for Rhyperion's main move. Rock Wrecker is a Rock move, as its name implies, and does a little over double the damage of Mud-Slap.
Those are the best moves for Rhyperion in Pokémon GO, as well as how to counter this powerful tank.
Want to check out more Pokémon GO tips, guides, and news? Be sure to check out our dedicated Pokémon section!
Featured image courtesy of Niantic.