Defeating an Azumarill in something like a three-star raid is typically common with even an average team. While having the right counters in raids is still important, the counters for Trainer Battles in particular are far more integral. Azumarill has the potential to change a match on either side.
Pokémon GO - Azumarill best counter for raids and battles
The main types that will damage an Azumarill in Pokémon GO will always be the same. However, the best options can be changed depending on whether you are in a battle or a raid. The best lineups will change, and so will the moves that they have.
- Pokémon GO Water Festival 2022 - Pokémon, timed research, more
- Pokémon GO Fest Sapporo - Tickets, featured Pokemon, more
- Pokemon GO May 2022 Raid Hours - Schedule, featured Pokemon, more
- How to use Pokémon GO buddy widget
Azumarill Raid Counters:
- Mega Gengar - Lick (Fast Attack) + Sludge Bomb (Charged Attack)
- Mega Beedrill - Poison Jab (Fast Attack) + Sludge Bomb (Charged Attack)
- Zarude - Vine Whip (Fast Attack) + Power Whip (Charged Attack)
- Electivire - Thunder Shock (Fast Attack) + Wild Charge (Charged Attack)
- Roserade - Posion Jab (Fast Attack) + Grass Knot (Charged Attack)
Azumarill PvP Counters:
- Walrein - Powder Snow (Fast Attack) + Earthquake (Charged Attack)
- Deoxys (Defense) - Counter (Fast Attack) + Thunderbolt (Charged Attack)
- Swampert - Mud Shot (Fast Attack) + Sludgewave (Charged Attack)
- Nidoqueen - Poison Jab (Fast Attack) + Poison Fang (Charged Attack)
- Medicham - Counter (Fast Attack) + Psychic (Charged Attack)
All five PvP counters listed are already popular and are likely to pop up in any given Great League match. Having one of them with specific movesets can be used as a deterrent to Azumarill and many others. The main idea is to capitalize on Poison, Electric, and Grass-type Pokémon.
Pokémon GO - Best moveset for Azumarill
For those that want to use Azumarill for themselves and have even earned one through a raid, a good moveset will matter here as well. The Aqua Rabbit is all about moderate charge attacks that deliver huge hits, versatile typing, and a ton of damage resistance.
When choosing a Fast Attack, Bubble is the best option. This attack provides just enough damage while giving the best charge stats available on this Pokémon. Picks like Bastiodon can also be slowly picked apart.
As for the Charged Attacks, Hydro Pump is always a constant as a secondary option. Ice Beam and Play Rough seem to go back and forth for viability. Both will work, but Play Rough will likely have more applicable situations.
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to Pokémon GO guides, title updates, and more!
Featured image courtesy of Niantic.