Pokémon GO’s Field Research allows Trainers to earn additional rewards by completing various tasks specified by Professor Willow. As they continue to spin various PokéStops to collect Field Research tasks, one per PokéStop, completing them unlocks rewards from consumable items, Poké Balls, and encounters with Pokémon.
A notable Pokémon dataminer, Leek Duck, has released the complete list of all Field Research tasks and its rewards: encounters with various Pokémon, which could be their Shiny forms. This guide will detail the Field Research tasks for September and which Pokémon they’ll encounter.
All Pokémon GO Field Research Tasks And Rewards For September 2022
With a new season ushered in for Pokémon GO comes a new season of Field Research tasks available to all Trainers. These tasks will reward them with various Encounters with Pokémon or possibly their Shiny forms in the wild.
Additionally, this season added a new Research Breakthrough reward that can be acquired after completing seven tasks and collecting their respective stamps. They can earn an encounter with Medicham as a reward from the Research Breakthrough.
- Pokémon GO Inkay Limited Research Day – Field Research Tasks & Rewards
- Pokémon GO Inkay Limited Research Day – All Spawns & Shiny Pokémon
- Pokémon GO Little Jungle Cup Remix – Best Picks And Rules
- Pokémon GO Psychic Spectacular – Every Shiny Pokémon Listed
We’ve detailed all the Field Research tasks and their respective rewards earned for September. The tasks have been categorized based on the type of tasks which are listed below:
Battling Field Research Tasks:
- Participate in the GO Battle League: Encounter with Joltik*
- Be victorious in a three-star raid or higher: Encounter with Kabuto or Omanyte
- Earn a Raid win: Encounter with Alolan Raichu
- Earn five Raid wins: Encounter with Aerodactyl
- Beat two Team GO Rocket Grunts: Encounter with Electrabuzz
Buddy/Friendship Field Research Tasks:
- Acquire three hearts with your Buddy Pokémon: Encounter with Pikachu
- Earn a Candy when walking with your Buddy Pokémon: Encounter with Dedenne*
- Earn two Candies when walking with your Buddy Pokémon: Encounter with Bunnelby
- Earn three Candies when walking with your Buddy Pokémon: Encounter with Stunfisk*
- Send three Gifts with a sticker included to each: Encounter with Wobbuffet
- Trade any Pokémon: Encounter with Kadabra*
Catching Field Research Tasks:
- Catch five Pokémon: Encounter with Chinchou, Electrike or Mareep
- Catch seven Pokémon: Encounter with Magikarp
- Caught a Dragon-type Pokémon: Encounter with Bagon or Dratini
- Catch five different Pokémon species: Encounter with Voltorb or Hisuian Voltorb*
- Use Weather Boost to catch five Pokémon: Encounter with Hippopotas, Poliwag, Snover or Vulpix
- Catch Pokémon using five Berries: Encounter with Minum or Plusle
Evolving And Powering Up Field Research Tasks:
- Evolve any Pokémon: Encounter with Eevee
- Power up any Pokémon three times: Encounter with Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle
- Power up any Pokémon five times: Encounter with Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totdile
- Power up any Pokemon seven times: Encounter with Mudkip, Torchic or Treecko
Throwing Field Research Tasks:
- Perform five Nice Throws: Encounter with Dunsparce
- Perform three Great Throws: Encounter with Anorith, Lileep or Snubbull
- Perform three consecutive Great Throws: Encounter with Onix
- Perform five consecutive Great Curveball Throws: Encounter with Spinda Pattern #3
- Perform five consecutive Curveball Throws: Encounter with Baltoy
- Perform three consecutive Excellent Throws: Encounter with Gible
Other Field Research Tasks:
- Successfully hatch one Egg: Encounter with Klink or Mantine
- Successfully hatch two Eggs: Encounter with Beldum
- Spin any three PokéStops or Gyms: Encounter with Sudowoodo
- Spin any five PokéStops or Gyms: Encounter with Ralts
- Capture a picture of a wild Pokémon: Encounter with Hoppop, Murkrow or Yanma
- Capture two pictures of a wild Steel-type Pokémon: Encounter with Bronzor
Of all the Pokémon they'll encounter throughout the month when completing these tasks, only a select few won't have a Shiny form appearing (*). These include the following Pokémon, according to Leek Duck:
- Hisuian Voltorb
These Field Research tasks are available in-game from 1st September 2022 before it ends on 1st October 2022 when the next Field Research Tasks become available. Pokémon GO Season of Light is available now until 1st December 2022.
For all the awesome content, check out our section dedicated to Pokémon news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Niantic / The Pokémon Company.