Pokémon GO's Retro Cup will offer a new challenge and help players continue their journey through the Battle League. Though rethinking your Pokémon team might be required to participate in the Retro Cup.
Pokémon GO Retro Cup Details
The Retro Cup is a part of the Battle League Interlude Season and comes with a few rules that players must follow to participate.
Only the first 15 Types are allowed in the Retro Cup which means that Dark, Steel, and Fairy Pokémon aren’t allowed. Another rule is that a Pokémon can’t exceed 1500 CP.
- Pokémon GO Fest 2022 - Dates, cities, events, and more
- Pokémon GO Sustainability Week - Featured Pokémon, events, bonuses
- How to evolve Eevee into Sylveon Pokemon GO
- Pokémon Go Promo Codes April 2022: Free Ultra Balls, PokéCoins, more
The Battle League is a PvP event, so you’ll have to face other players. All points earned in the Reto Cup will go towards your Go Battle League rank which comes with better rewards as you progress.
Pokémon GO Retro Cup Dates
The Pokémon Go Retro Cup will be available from 19th April 2022 to 26h April 2022 and will run alongside the Ultra League. The next event after the Retro Cup will be the Kanto Cup starting on 26th April 2022.
Battle League Interlude Season began on 1st March 2022 and goes until 1st June 2022.
Best Pokémon for the Retro Cup
With the CP cap and type exemptions, it can be tough to decide which Pokémon to use in the event. Here are some of the best Pokémon that can help you get an upper edge in the Retro Cup.
- Altaria - A Dragon/Flying Pokémon with great Stamina and Defense.
- Walrein - An Ice/Water Pokémon with powerful attacks and high Stamina.
- Snorlax - A Normal Pokémon with few weaknesses and great Defense.
- Gyrados - A Water/Flying Pokémon that has powerful attacks.
- Lickitung - A Normal Pokémon with good overall stats and a mix of attacks.
- Electivire - An Electric Pokémon with a high Attack Power and few weaknesses.
For more coverage on upcoming content in Pokémon GO, be sure to check out the rest of our dedicated Pokémon section.
Featured image courtesy of Niantic / The Pokémon Company.