The event will host both Rocket League and Street Fighter V tournaments, with the qualified players getting the chance to not only represent their countries but take home the lion share of a $250,000 prize pool for each respective tournament.
However, since the initial announcement back in October which laid out the qualifying structure, there’s been scant information for interested players and fans of the games.
That has changed through two leaks, one from Twitter user @DramaRLert who has sourced some interesting nuggets of information embedded in the HTML code of the Intel World Open website, and the other from @ChewieRL, an editor at Liquipedia, who posted what appears to be the Intel World Open Rulebook.
Intel world open (Olympics) dates leaked pic.twitter.com/T0fbXDxMpp— Drama RLert (@DramaRLert) February 25, 2020
According to the leaks, both games will host a series of online qualifiers starting in March for Street Fighter V and in May for Rocket League. The qualified players will then head to Katowice in June for a LAN event which will determine which countries will compete in the Intel Open World which will be held on the opening weekend of the Tokyo Olympics. The full qualifying schedule for both games can be seen below.
Japan, as the host nation, automatically qualifies for the event in Tokyo and is only running qualifiers to determine what players will represent them.
While this information hasn’t been confirmed by Intel, both these sources corroborate the information contained in each other and @ChewieRL is a trusted source in the community as an editor of the highly respected Liquipedia.
Rocket League Live Qualifier matches will take place from 11-14 June with the Street Fighter Live Qualifier matches taking place from 18-21 June in Katowice, Poland
Intel World Open Finals will take place in Tokyo, Japan from 22-24 July 2020 on the same day the Toyko Olympics will begin.
Rocket League Intel Open World Qualifiers
- Japanese National Qualifier
- African Regional Qualifier
- Asia Mainland Regional Qualifier
- Middle-East Regional Qualifier
- Latin America Regional Qualifier
- Australian National Qualifier
- Brazilian National Qualifier
- Chinese National Qualifier
- Asia Maritime & Oceanic Regional Qualifier
- Canadian National Qualifier
- French National Qualifier
- German National Qualifier
- British National Qualifier
- United States National Qualifier
- European Regional Qualifier
May 23-24: Intel Open - Qualifier 4
Optional, in the case of regions running longer than one weekend.
Rocket League Live Qualifier matches will take place in Katowice, Poland from 11-14 June 2020
Street Fight Intel Open World Qualifiers
Qualifiers will take place across a span of 2 months before concluding with a Qualifier Final in the weekend of 16- 17 May for all countries and regions.
National/Territorial Qualifiers will take place on the following dates:
- Japan and USA: March 21, March 28, April 4, April 11, April 18, April 25, May 2, May 9
- Brazil, China, France, “Hong Kong, China“, and the UK: March 21, March 28, April 4, April 18, April 25, May 2
- Korea and Chinese Taipei: March 28, April 11, April 25, May 9
- Dominican Republic, Russia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates: April 4, April 25
National/Territorial Qualifier Finals will take place on May 16.
Regional Qualifiers will take place on the following dates:
- Europe 1 and North America: March 22, March 29, April 5, April 12, April 19, April 26, May 3, May 10
- Europe 2 and South America: March 29, April 12, April 26, May 10
- Central America, Middle East & Africa, Oceania, Asia: April 5, April 26
Regional Qualifier Finals will take place on May 17.
Street Fighter Live Qualifier matches will take place in Katowice, Poland from 18-21 June 2020.