As such, developer Rare has released the latest hotfix update for Sea of Thieves to discuss these issues plus highlight a few known issues that have been identified. We'll explore what you need to know about the Sea of Thieves 18.104.22.168 hotfix update, including server downtime, patch notes, and more.
Sea of Thieves 22.214.171.124 hotfix update – Server downtime
Sea of Thieves servers was down on 28th April 2022 for an "essential maintenance" period to address many issues players experienced following the Season 6 release. The maintenance period lasted for around an hour, and the developer supplied the hotfix update patch notes on the official Sea of Thieves website.
The Sea of Thieves servers are back online, adjustments have been applied and the waves are calling once more! Head out and see where the wind takes you, after casting an eye over what’s been addressed in today’s hotfix: https://t.co/9pcsTgm6dupic.twitter.com/cATxPWAwsE— Sea of Thieves (@SeaOfThieves) April 28, 2022
The developer has also provided the download and installation files sizes across its available platforms, which we've detailed for you below:
- Xbox Series X: 4.76 GB
- Xbox Series S: 3 GB
- Xbox One X: 4.76 GB
- Xbox One: 3 GB
- Microsoft Store: 4.67 GB
- Steam: 4.21 GB
Sea of Thieves 126.96.36.199 hotfix update – Patch notes
Rare has addressed various critical issues that arose following the release of Sea of Thieves Season 6. According to the developer, "the team have been working on additional fixes based on feedback from the community".
- How to save in Sea of Thieves
- Sea of Thieves Legends Week - Schedule, events and rewards
- Sea of Thieves Twitch Drops - How to unlock Twilight Hunter rewards
- Sea of Thieves Season 6 servers down - Maintenance schedule
Below, we have detailed the complete patch notes addressed in the latest hotfix update, including all general fixes and known issues.
Sea of Thieves 188.8.131.52 hotfix update – Fixed Issues
- For The Shrouded Deep, all crew members who aid in summoning the Shrouded Ghost will now unlock the Deed within the Adventures menu.
- Larger crews will no longer gain Athena's Fortune Emissary Grade progression at a faster rate when completing quests within the Legend of the Veil.
- Ancient iconography used across the Legend of the Veil Quest Book pages and cosmetic rewards has now been adjusted.
Sea of Thieves 184.108.40.206 hotfix update – Known Issues
- Crews who migrate across servers after placing an enchanted Megalodon effigy on the Ritual Table may find that the effigy is not present on the destination server.
- For The Shrouded Deep, following the defeat of the Shrouded Ghost or another summoned Megalodon, rewards may remain beneath the surface, requiring players to swim down and retrieve them.
- Players may experience scenarios where they encounter ping spikes at random while playing, resulting in rubberbanding or client stutters.
- Some Steam players may find that after an achievement is unlocked in the game, it is not unlocked within Steam.
- On ranged and melee weapons, in areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to the player combat experience.
This completes the patch notes for the latest hotfix in Sea of Thieves. Enjoy your time sailing the high seas and engaging in the brand new content that's arrived in Season 6.
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to Sea of Thieves news, updates, guides, features and more.
Featured image courtesy of Rare / Xbox Game Studios.