Valorant 4.05 patch notes have been revealed before the update's release revealing Brimstone agent updates, a new feature to import and export different crosshair, Prioritize Strongest Weapon setting and more.
In addition to this, Riot has also fixed a few Competitive, Agents, and Social bugs along with issues related to the Icebox map. Here are the complete patch notes for Valorant v4.05.
Valorant 4.05 patch notes
- Stim Beacon
- Charges reduced 2 >>> 1
- Cost increased 100 >>> 200
Game system updates
- Added the ability to import and export different crosshair settings via auto-generated codes.
- To export and share your personal crosshair settings, go to Settings >> Crosshair tab >> click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up, found next to Crosshair Profile (it looks like an up arrow chilling in the middle of a bowl). Your auto-generated code will be copied to your clipboard.
- To import crosshair settings, go to Settings >> Crosshair tab >> click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing down next to Crosshair Profile. Input or paste the code in the provided field and click the “Import” button.
- The crosshair preview at the top of the Settings Menu should reflect the imported settings. Make sure to give it a unique profile name!
Updated “Prioritize Strongest Weapon” setting
- Reworked 'Prioritize Strongest Weapon' setting
- Renamed setting to Auto-Equip Prioritizes: Most Recent | Strongest
- Updated the priority system to support weapon-like abilities (previous priority: Primary > Secondary > Melee)
- New priority: (Ultimate & Primary) > (Secondary & Chamber Pistol) > Melee
- Resolve priority ties by selecting the more recently equipped weapon
- Added a new setting: Don't Auto-Equip Melee
- Skips past the melee when finding the most recent weapon to auto-equip.
- Prevents pulling the melee back out after channelling or casting abilities, without changing any other auto-equip behaviour.
Note that you can still queue up 'equip' inputs (e.g., pressing '1' mid-dash to equip your primary once the dash completes).
- Valorant Episode 4 Act 3 - Release date, new agent, map, more
- Valorant performance boost global invalidation
- Valorant redeem codes (March 2022): Free player cards, titles, and more
- Valorant Champions Tour 2022: Schedule, format, Masters spots, and more
When you didn't queue up a specific equip action, the default auto-equip behaviour was to pull out the most recently equipped weapon. The new settings are meant to allow you to modify that behaviour based on preference.
- Deterministic Map System enabled for all regions
- As explained in Patch Notes 4.04, this rollout should increase the variety of maps in your queue based on a system we tested in the LATAM region.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Leave Match button to function incorrectly for PBE players
- Fixed issue where Sova’s Recon Bolt was destroyed by Brimstone’s Orbital Strike even if the Recon Bolt was well out of the area
- Fixed a bug where the mic icon on the scoreboard could not be interacted with after hovering over it with the mouse
- There are a handful of bug fixes prepped for Icebox, but the team ran into an issue that blocked us from shipping them right at 4.05 launch. We hope to ship these before the next patch and will list them here as soon as we do.
Be sure to check out and follow our section dedicated to Valorant to stay updated with the latest news, guides, leaks, update announcements, and more related to the game.
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games.