Torchlight II released all the way back in September 2012, so fans of the ARPG franchise have been waiting for over eight years. In October 2020, the wait will finally be over as Torchlight III will officially launch. Here's what you need to know, including the release date, platforms, price and launch features of Torchlight III.
Torchlight III release date & platforms
Torchlight III will release on 13th October as the game moves out of Early Access on Steam into a full release.
Not only will Torchlight III release on Steam but it will also be heading to the PlayStation and Xbox Store.
The official launch time for Torchlight III is 07:00 PT, or for those in the UK, 15:00 GMT+1. The official Torchlight III release date was announced on the game's Steam page.
(Picture: Perfect World Entertainment)
The game will also release for Nintendo Switch. However, no exact release date was provided, as the developers simply stated: "coming soon".
Torchlight III pre-order and price
At the time of writing, the only way you can pre-order Torchlight III is to purchase the Early Access version on Steam. At launch, you will get the full version of the game at no extra cost.
Pre-orders for Torchlight III on the PlayStation Store and the Xbox Store are yet to open. However, we do know the Torchlight III price will be $39.99 on both PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Torchlight III launch features
As Torchlight III is set to move out of Early Access on PC into a full release on PC and consoles on 13th October, the developers have shared the game's launch features.
The Torchlight III launch features include:
- Travel the Frontier: Players can explore the wilderness, party with friends, gather materials to craft loot, use magical maps to enter unknown dungeons, or show off their spoils in town! There’s always something to do in the new frontier.
- Build & Upgrade Your Fort: It’s time to rebuild! Players will enjoy their very own account-based fort, where they can upgrade gear, and make renovations to show it off to their friends and the world. The game allows them to build monuments of power, pet stables, and more!
- Choose a Relic: Relics are objects of great power that grant players a suite of active skills and passive skills. Players will choose one of five of these at the beginning of their journey and use skill points to unlock or enhance their relic’s abilities. The relic is an important part of a character's strategy - choose wisely!
- Collect Epic Gear: Suit up in a robust variety of armour and weapons found across the frontier including charming hats, pet apparel, and unique locomotion options. Players can select from a wide array of weapons that suit their playstyle and class build. With over a hundred Legendary items, players can permanently acquire their special abilities in order to make themselves more unique and powerful.
- Pets are Back: Players can fight their way to fame and glory with loyal companions! Each of the many species comes in a myriad of colours and styles so adventurers shouldn’t settle for the first one they find. They can make these trusty pets stronger by adding skills, equip them with gear to make them hardier, and together battle enemies as a team. Pets also have their own vast inventory for items, and players have the option to have their pets sell items directly in town.
- Build Your Hero: With four classes to choose from, along with 20 class and Relic combinations -- each combination offering a unique playstyle -- and a wide range of choices of where to place skill points at, players can utilize class-specific mechanics.
Torchlight III is a very ambitious title which has only gotten better with time as it baked in the Steam Early Access oven.