League of Legends: Wild Rift continues to evolve with the release of the 4.0 update. The latest version brought a new ranked season, several new champions, balance adjustments, quality-of-life updates, and a lot more.
So without any further delay, here's a detailed look at the Wild Rift 4.0 patch notes.
Wild Rift 4.0 Update Patch Notes
New Champion: Zoe, The Aspect of Twilight
Zoe will be released on January 12 at 00:01 UTC.
New Wild Pass
Heist your way through this Wild Pass and Super Villain Graves will be all yours. And if you’re still itching for more, you can earn Ascended Super Villain Graves and more in the Bonus Rewards Shop. Wild Pass will be available on January 12 at 00:01 UTC.
Ranked Season 8
It’s time to wave goodbye to Ranked S7 and dive into Ranked S8! Glorious Crimson Nami will be making a splash in this season’s Season Rewards Tab. To spruce up things for S8, the developers have made a new and immersive layout to the Ranked Mode Select that will celebrate your best champions and most recent stats. Ranked S8 will begin on January 16 at 7:00 PM PST.
Xbox Game Pass
Xbox Login is live with this patch! You can now login in to your account using your Xbox login. The Xbox Gampass is also live, and subscribers will receive in-game benefits—all Wild Rift champions unlocked and a 20% XP boost!
(1) Precision Protocol
- [NEW] After 1.6 seconds of the first empowered attack, Precision Protocol automatically empowers another basic attack, converting the bonus damage to true damage.
- Bonus movement speed: 15/20/25/30% → 25%
- Bonus movement speed duration: 1s → 1.5s
(2) Tactical Sweep
- [NEW] Camille’s bonus damage now applies to the entire area of effect instead of just the outer half, dealing (90/120/150/180 +110% bonus AD) and an additional (4/6/8/10)% of the target’s maximum health as physical damage. If you do sweetspot the outer half of the cone however, enemies are slowed by 80% for 2 seconds, and Camille heals for 50% of the damage dealt.
- [NEW] If Camille misses the initial cast of Hookshot, it is placed on a 3 second cooldown instead of full cooldown.
- RECAST: Camille detaches from the terrain and dashes in the target direction, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies on arrival. If she hits an enemy champion, she stuns them for 0.75 seconds and gains bonus attack speed for 5 seconds.
- [NEW] Upon recasting Hookshot, Camille’s next basic attack against enemy champions within 3 seconds, grants bonus attack speed for 5 seconds.
(1) Phosphorus Bomb
- Cast Time: 0.27 → 0.27 ~ 0.18 (Scales with attack speed)
- No longer follows blink effects
(1) Taste Their Fear
- Cooldown reduction on isolated targets: 45% → 30%
- Base Attack Damage: 58 → 62
- Attack Damage per level: 2.65 → 3
- Attack Damage at level 15: 99 → 104
(1) Icathian Rain
- Attack Damage ratio: 45% → 50%
(2) Void Seeker
- Cast Time: 0.34 → 0.34 ~ 0.227 (Scales with attack speed)
- Health per level: 112 → 104
(1) Blooming Blows
- Base damage: 35/55/75/95 → 35/50/65/80
- Monster modification: 130% → 110%
(3) Make it Rain
- Ability Power ratio: 10% → 10/12/14/16%
- Total Ability Power ratio: 80% → 80/96/112/128%
(4) Bullet Time
- Ability Power ratio: 25% → 30%
- Total Ability Power ratio: 300/350/400% → 360/420/480%
(1) Cull the Meek
- Cooldown: 8s → 7s
- Base heal: 4/6/8/10 → 5/7/9/11
- Base Damage: 5/10/15/20 → 10/15/20/25
(1) Twilight Assault
- Bonus damage to monsters: 200% → 150%
- Monster damage cap: 250 → 225
- Health per level: 105 → 112
(1) Twin Bite
- Cooldown: 9/8/7/6s → 8.5/7.5/6.5/5.5s
- Evolved Twin Bites slow: 40% → 50%
(1) Poison Trail
- Mana cost per second: 15s → 12s
- Ability Power: 30% → 35%
(4) Insanity Potion
- Health and mana recovery per second: 6/11/16 → 6/13/20
(P) Glory In Death
- Bonus health per large unit kill: 15 → 20
(1) Decimating Smash
- Minimum base damage: 25/55/85/115 → 40/65/90/115
- Full Charge maximum damage unchanged
(3) Roar of the Slayer
- Slow: 40/45/50/55% → 50/55/60/65%
- Spectre’s Cowl (1100g) + Chainmail (900g) + 700g
- Total Gold: 2700g
- Health: 250
- Armor: 50
- Magic Resistance: 30
- Dawnbringer: When you immobilize a champion or are immobilized, damage and reveal all nearby enemy champions for 3 seconds, dealing 80+5% bonus health, as magic damage (3 second cooldown).
[REWORKED] Randuin’s Omen
- Warden’s Mail (1050g) + Giant’s Belt (1000g) + 750g
- Total cost: 2800g
- Health: 400
- Armor: 55
- Cold Steel: Reduce the Attack Speed of enemies by 15% for 1.5 second when struck by an attack.
- Determination: When you are critically struck, gain [12% for melee | 8% for ranged] of the pre-mitigation damage taken as charges of Determination for 5s, up to a maximum of 500 charges. When you attack a champion, consume your Determination to heal for the amount consumed.
[REWORKED] Frozen Heart
- Warden’s Mail (1050g) + Glacial Shroud (1000g) + 650g
- Total cost: 2700g
- Armor: 80
- Mana: 200
- Ability Haste: 25
- Winter’s Caress: Basic attacks and magic damage caused by you or inflicted upon you will apply stacks of Chill to the enemy champion for 3 seconds. Each stack of Chill slows enemy attack speed by 9%, up to a maximum of 4 stacks or 36% Attack Speed reduction. Each individual ability has a 1 second cooldown on applying Winter’s Caress per target.
- Total cost: 2900g → 2800g
- Ability Power: 70→ 75
Lord Dominik’s Regards
- Total cost: 3100g → 3200g
- Ability Power: 75 → 70
- Total Cost: 3100g → 3000g
- Passive: Increases heals on yourself by 30% → Increases heals and shields on yourself by 30%
- Bonus movement speed in the river: 20 → 30
- Bonus movement speed in the river after leaving combat: 10 → 20
Inspiration: Phase Rush
- Ability Haste granted: Works for all abilities → Works for basic abilities only
- Ability Haste: 10 → 25
Champion Damage vs Structures Calculation
- Deal base Attack Damage + (the higher value between 100% bonus Attack Damage and 50% Ability Power) → Deal base Attack Damage + 100% bonus Attack Damage + 50% Ability Power
- [UNCHANGED] If 50% of Ability Power is greater than 100% bonus Attack Damage, attack is converted to magic damage