On 27th April 2021, Riot Games unleashed a new update for Wild Rift. The Wild Rift 2.2b patch notes include two new champions coming to the game in May, a new event, new skins, the Nemesis Duel system, accessories, and balance changes which are aimed at Duo Lane carries that haven't been doing all too well. Let's kick things off with the new champions coming to Wild Rift thanks to the 2.2b update.
New Wild Rift champions
Kha’zix, the Voidreaver and Rengar, the Pridestalker will be entering the battlefield but not at the start of Wild Rift 2.2b.
Instead, these new Wild Rift champions will release on 6th May at 00:01 GMT.
Kha’zix, the Voidreaver
(Picture: Riot Games)
The Void grows, and the Void adapts - in none of its myriad spawn are these truths more apparent than Kha’Zix. Evolution drives the core of this mutating horror, born to survive and to slay the strong.
Where it struggles to do so, it grows new, more effective ways to counter and kill its prey. Initially, a mindless beast, Kha’Zix’s intelligence has developed as much as its form. Now, the creature plans out its hunts, and even utilizes the visceral terror it engenders in its victims.
Rengar, the Pridestalker
(Picture: Riot Games)
Rengar is a ferocious vastayan trophy hunter who lives for the thrill of tracking down and killing dangerous creatures. He scours the world for the most fearsome beasts he can find, especially seeking any trace of Kha’Zix, the void creature who scratched out his eye. Rengar stalks his prey neither for food nor glory, but for the sheer beauty of the pursuit.
New Wild Rift event: Masters of the Hunt
Riot Games only offered a short description of the new event in the official Wild Rift 2.2b patch notes: "Ever shrouded by the fog of war, the jungles of Wild Rift can prove deadly to even the bravest of champions. Yet two natural-born hunters now claim this savage battleground as their domain, each intent on making a trophy of the other."
The event will begin on 6th May 2021, and the developer noted they will share more information soon.
Wild Rift 2.2b new skins
Six new skins will be entering Wild Rift throughout the 2.2b update.
(Picture: Riot Games)
The new Wild Rift skins are:
- Forecast Janna
- Program Nami
- God-King Darius
- God-King Garen
- Death Blossom Kha’Zix
- Night Hunter Rengar
Riot notes future skins will be released in subsequent pages.
New Wild Rift accessories
There are a few new accessories that will be released throughout the patch.
(Picture: Riot Games)
Check out the new Wild Rift accessories below:
- Icons: The Voidreaver, The Pridestalker, Apex Predator, King of the Rift
- Emotes: Heh!, GameTime, Adorable Assailant
- Spawn Tags: The Voidreaver, The Pridestalker
- Icon Borders: The Hunt Begins
- Baubles: The Wolf Knight, The Celestial Lion, Void Wing, Trophy Collection
The Apex Predator icon will be released if Kha'Zix's team wins during the Masters of the Hunt event. If Rengar's team wins, the King of the Rift icon will be released.
New Wild Rift system: Nemesis Duel
With the two new champions, a new high-stakes mechanic called Nemesis Duel has entered the battlefield. This new system will be a permanent part of the game even once the event ends.
A Nemesis Duel event can trigger when the respective champions meet all the following conditions:
- Both are at or above Level 13
- Neither have dealt or taken champion damage within 5 seconds
- Both are alive
- Both are at least 16 units apart
Riot Games explains: "A Nemesis Duel won’t happen every game these conditions are met, but when it does, everyone in the game will know through an in-game announcement. A champion wins the Nemesis Duel event when the opposing champion dies within 3 seconds of taking damage from the winning champion."
If Rengar wins, Rengar automatically gains Ferocity during (Ult) Thrill of the Hunt. If Kha’Zix wins, Kha’Zix gains an extra evolution point.
Wild Rift 2.2b patch notes: Balance changes
The champion balance changes in the Wild Rift 2.2b patch notes are now live and are mostly aimed at underperforming Duo Lane carries.
Check out all the balance changes to several champions below.
- Base health: 650 HP → 610 HP
- Base health regen: 9 → 7
- Spinning Axe - Damage: 55/60/65/70 → 45/50/55/60
- Last Caress - Cooldown: 100/80/60s → 120/95/70s
- Health per level: 115 → 125
- Colossal Smash Cooldown: 5/4.5/4s → 5/4/3s
- Winds of War - Fixed an issue where Galio’s (1) was dealing its initial damage twice % Health Damage per AP ratio: 1.5% → 2%
- Voracity - Damage: 72 to 240 (based on level) → 62 to 230 (based on level)
- Shunpo - Range: 6.5 → 6
- Base health regen: 7.5 → 9
- Sunlight - Damage: 25 to 137 → 33 to 145
- Zenith Blade - Range: 7 → 7.5
- Guerrilla Warfare - Camouflage duration per rank up now correctly displays as 3/3.5/4/4.5s instead of 3/4/5/6s (duration unchanged, tooltip fix only)
- Bouncing Bomb - Cooldown: 6/5.5/5/4.5s → 7.5/6.5/5.5/4.5s
- Volley - Cooldown: 14/11/8/5s → 13/10/7/4s
- Explosive Charge - Active base damage: 65/80/95/110 → 70/90/110/130
- Buster Shot - Base damage: 300/400/500 → 350/450/550
- Base Mana: 345 → 390
- Blighted Quiver Missing health damage - Level 1: 6.5% to 9.75% → 6.5% to 13% / Level 15: 13.5% to 20.25% → 13.5% to 27%
- Final Hour - Bonus AD: 20/30/40 → 30/40/50 / Cooldown: 90/75/60s → 80/70/60s
- Deadly Plumage - Mana: 60 → 50 / Cooldown: 20/18/16/14s → 19/17/15/13s
- Bladecaller - Root duration: 1s → 1.25s
Item, Rune and Spell changes in Wild Rift 2.2b
- Total cost: 2600g → 2800g
- Combine cost: 650g → 850g
- Base damage: 16 to 30 → 16 to 25
- Bonus damage HP ratio: 1% → 0.8%
- Stack duration: 8s → 6s
- Cooldown: 90s → 120s
Dragon changes in Wild Rift 2.2b
Infernal and Cloud Dragon are running a little hotter (and… windier) than Mountain and Ocean. We’re lightly nerfing them to close the gap. These adjustments should make them still worth taking, but less game-deciding.
- Damage bonus: 8% → 6%
Elder Infernal Dragon
- Damage bonus: 12% → 9%
- Damage bonus per stack: 4% → 3%
- Movement speed bonus: 7.5% → 6%
Elder Cloud Dragon
- Movement speed bonus: 11.25% → 9%
- Movement speed bonus per stack: 3.75% → 3%
Wild Rift Champion Rotations
- 29th April to 5th May 2021: Ezreal, Jarvan IV, Jhin, Leona, Lee Sin, Malphite, Orianna, Seraphine, Rakan, Teemo
- 6th May to 12th May 2021: Amumu, Camille, Draven, Katarina, Kennen, Lulu, Nami, Rammus, Vayne, Zed
So there you have it, all the changes, additions and much more in the Wild Rift 2.2b patch notes.
Stay tuned to our dedicated Wild Rift section for more guides, news and everything else you might need.