Riot Games has revealed everything arriving in League of Legends: Wild Rift as part of patch 2.4a, bringing with it the addition of an unchained champion after the success of the Sentinels against the Ruin, and lots of balance changes for many units in the game.
This patch has also brought a limited-time event, where players can earn enough Blue Motes to exchange for a champion and even some new cosmetics for a couple of corrupted characters.
Without further ado, let's check out everything coming to Wild Rift in patch 2.4a.
Wild Rift 2.4a: Thresh makes his debut
Being one of League’s most popular and resonant champions, with a unique and high-skill kit, and a dark yet grimly joyous theme stands alone in the support roster, the Chain Warden known as Thresh debuts in Wild Rift with a new look and evolving lore, after the events of the Rise of the Sentinels.
If you want to be prepared for his arrival in the Rift, check out our deep guide with the best build, runes, items, and even some tips to master his skills.
Wild Rift 2.4a: New skins
Three more skins for League’s vast catalogue will be available through the in-game store featuring two corrupted styles from a dark galaxy, as well as the alternative skin for Thresh’s debut.
Each of these will have a cost of 990 Wild Cores, so now let’s take a look:
Dark Star Kha’Zix
Dark Star Varus
Two accessories will also be added as rewards for a new limited-time event we will cover below.
Wild Rift 2.4a: Join the Fluft event
A poro invasion has arrived in Wild Rift, with players getting the opportunity to collect lots of Blue Motes and an exclusive bauble by completing a series of challenges.
Some of these will require a lot of patience and skill, but don’t hesitate to fulfil them as these will be available until 23rd August.
Wild Rift 2.4a: Balance changes
Last but not least, it’s time to cover all of the balance changes announced for patch 2.4a, as these will affect Akshan due to his bad performance since his release, nerfs are coming for powerful champions like Camille and Fizz, and Lucian, Rammus, Master Yi and Jax will receive a major update that will shake the meta.
As for the item's changes, these will be focused on tweaking the power of the Essence Reaver and Rabadon’s Deathcap, and increasing the prices of the Bloodthirster and Solari Chargeblade, but with an additional bonus.
- Attack growth from 3.6 to 4.5
- Base mana from 345 to 390
- Base mana regen from 12 to 15
- Starting bonus attack speed from 30% to 40%
- (P) Dirty Fighting: Movement speed from 40-80 based on level to 40-120 based on level
- (1) Avengerang: Mana cost from 60/70/80/90 to 50/60/70/80
- (Ult) Comeuppance: Cooldown from 90/65/60s to 75/65/55s, it can now execute minions
- Base health from 570 to 530
- (2) Incinerate: Mana cost from 60/70/80/90 to 70/80/90/100
- (1) Rocket Grab: Base damage from 80/140/200/260 to 100/160/220/280
- (3) Hookshot: Stun duration from 1s to 0.75s
- (Ult) The Hextech Ultimatum: Cooldown from 90/75/60s to 100/85/70s
- Armor per level from 4.3 to 3.9
- (2) Valkyrie: Cooldown from 20/18/16/14s to 22/20/18/16s
- Base health from 650 to 690
- Base health regen from 9 to 12
- (1) Infected Cleaver: Health cost from 45/60/75/90 to 30/45/60/75
- (Ult) Sadism: Total health regen from 50/75/100% to 60/85/110%
- (P) Seastone Trident: Damage to monsters ratio from 150% to 120%
- (3) Playful / Trickster: Cooldown from 15.5/13.5/11.5/9.5s to 16/14/12/10s
- (Ult) Chum the Waters: Cooldown from 65/55/45s to 80/65/50s
- Base attack damage per level from 4.5 to 3.6
- Base bonus attack speed from 20% to 10%
- (P) Relentless Assault: Jax now gains 2 stacks of Relentless Assault when attacking enemy champions or minions, max stacks from 8 to 10, and bonus attack speed per stack from 3.6/4.2/4.8/5.4/6/6.6/7.2/7.8/8.4/9/9.6/10.2/10.8/11.4/12 to 3/3.6/4.2/4.8/5.4/6/6.6/7.2/7.8/8.4/9/9.6/10.2/10.8/11.4
- (3) Counter Strike: Jax now takes 25% reduced damage from champions during his defensive stance
- Base attack damage from 58 to 64
- Base attack damage per level from 4.55 to 2.65
- Armor per level from 4.3 to 3.9
- (3) Relentless Pursuit: Cooldown from 22/19/16/13s to 23/20/17/14s
- Armor per level from 3.5 to 3.9
- (1) Alpha Strike: Bonus damage to monsters from 75/110/145/180 to 90/125/160/195
- (3) Wuju Style: Bonus true damage from 18/30/42/54 to 25/40/55/70
- (Ult) Highlander: Cooldown from 85/75/65s to 75/60/45s, and movement speed from 25%/35%/45% to 35%/45%/55%
- Mana regen per level from 1.1 to 0.9
- Magic resistance per level from 1.6 to 0.8
- (2) Defensive Ball Curl: Damage to monsters from 100% to 150%
- (Ult) Soaring Slam: Base damage from 125/200/275 to 100/175/250, Aftershock damage from 35/60/85 to 30/45/60, and tooltip now correctly shows Aftershock damage
- (2) Battle Roar: Base damage from 80/110/140/170 to 50/90/130/170
- (3) Bola Strike: Slow value from 45/60/75/90% to 30/50/70/90%
- (Ult) Thrill of the Hunt: Cooldown from 90/75/60s to 100/80/60s
- Beat Drop now correctly applies its damage before checking if the target is slowed. This means that Rylai’s Crystal Scepter now works with (3) Beat Drop, and it will transform the slow into a root.
- (2) Astral Infusion: Cooldown from 8/6/4/2s to 5/4/3/2s, and if casted while Rejuvenated, the health cost will be reduced by 70/80/90/100%
- Total cost from 3200g to 3300g
- Combined cost from 1000g to 1100g
- Attack damage from 40 to 50
- Total cost from 3100g to 3250g
- Combined cost from 900g to 1050g
- Ability haste from 25 to 20
Needlessly Large Rod
- Ability power from 65 to 60
- Combined cost from 800 to 900
- Combined cost from 900g to 700g
- Ability power from 130 to 120
- Total cost from 3000g to 3100g
- Combined cost from 800g to 900
Don't forget to check out more champion guides, as well as new updates through our Wild Rift dedicated section.