Zelda Tears of the Kingdom is the latest installment in the popular Legend of Zelda series, and it brings back many features from the previous game, Breath of the Wild. One of these features is weapon durability, which means that your weapons will wear out and break after repeated use.
However, unlike Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom also introduces a new feature called Fuse, which allows you to combine different items and weapons to create new ones with enhanced effects and durability.
In this article, we will explain how to change weapons in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, as well as how to use the Fuse skill to make your weapons last longer and perform better.
How to Change Weapons in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
To change your weapons, you can use the following inputs:
- Weapon Swap: Hold Right on D-Pad, and cycle through your weapons with Right Stick.
- Bow Swap: Hold ZR + Right on D-Pad, then use Right Stick to cycle through bows. Unequip with the B Button.
- Shield Swap: Hold Left on D-Pad, cycle through shields with Right Stick.
Since weapon durability is a crucial factor in this game, you will need to change your weapons frequently to avoid breaking them in the middle of a fight.
You can also throw your weapons at enemies by pressing R or charge up for a special attack by holding Y. Some weapons will allow you to perform a flurry counterattack if you dodge or block an enemy’s attack at the right time. Some weapons will also have a special bonus to increase their attack power, defense, durability, or draw speed.
How to Use Fuse To Upgrade Weapons
A new feature in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom is the Fuse ability, which lets you attach certain materials, objects, and other weapons together to create new ones. This can not only change the effect of your weapon but also increase its durability and prevent it from breaking too soon.
To use Fuse, you need to hold ZR + Up on D-Pad and choose an item with the Right Stick. Then, you need to let go of Up to attach it to your weapon or arrow. You can cancel this by pressing B. You can also use Fuse on items that are not equipped by holding Up on D-Pad and pressing X.
Some examples of items that you can use with Fuse are:
- Cold-elemental stone: This will freeze your target when you hit them with your weapon or arrow.
- Fire-elemental stone: This will set your target on fire when you hit them with your weapon or arrow.
- Log: This will increase the damage and durability of your wooden weapon.
- Zonai Sword: This will add a mystical effect to your weapon or arrow.
There are many more combinations that you can discover by experimenting with different items and weapons. Fuse is a powerful skill that can give you an edge over your enemies and make your weapons more versatile and durable.
So there you have it. That's everything you need to know about changing weapons in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.