Season 6 of Apex Legends' introduced some of the most profound changes to the core game since it was released early last year.
A new Legend, Rampart, weapon in the shape of the Volt SMG and most notably, the changes to the armour system which saw all armour become Evolving while also reducing each level by 25 HP.
All Evo Armor is here to stay, but armor health will revert to pre-Season 6 values. Design Director Jason McCord talks more about the change in the blog below along with updated patch notes.— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) September 3, 2020
There was a problem though, players soon found that the time-to-kill (TTK) was reduced so much that fights became determined only by who saw who first.
Luckily for fans of the battle royale, the developers aren't waiting around to improve the game experience, reverting armour's HP back to their previous values.
It should be noted that all armour will still be Evolving, but this change back to previous values should make fights fairer.
Jason McCord, Design Director on Apex Legends explained that internal playtests had been positive ahead of Season 6's release but with the data gleaned since launch and player feedback the decision was made to revert the values.
On top of that change, a number of bugs have been squashed with Loba's teleport now being reported to work.
Gibraltar's dome can also no longer be placed on top of Rampart's mini-gun.
The update is now live on servers across all platforms. The full patch notes can be read below.
Apex Legends 3rd September patch notes
- Fixed several server crashes.
- Made adjustments to the appearance of several holosprays.
- Removed an inappropriate Caustic voice line.
- Fixed an issue with audio not playing when shooting the Devotion and Volt.
- Fixed an issue where Crypto’s drone in Caustic gas would play to the whole server
- Fixed marking crafting replicators from the ship playing a “Let’s go here” VO ping.
- Fixed an issue with Evo Shields that require exactly 100 damage not evolving when crafting the 100 points.
- Fixed an issue with Ninja controller configuration not being able to use Replicators.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to revive a teammate when they are downed while using a replicator.
- Fixed an issue with Dome Shield on a Sheila allowing a player to shoot through the Dome Shield.
- Fixed an issue with the "No Mercy" finisher spamming "Boom" to the entire server.
- Fixed an issue with amped cover walls requiring more hits from heirlooms than from normal melee to be destroyed.
- Fixed a server crash when Sheila is destroyed while someone is using it.
- Fixed an issue with Hack not detecting players on Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with the portal disappearing upon Wraith's death.
- Fixed a crash with Wraith’s portal interacting with World’s Edge geysers.
- Fixed an error when Wraith’s portal is too close to a replicator and the player interacts with the replicator.
Fixed an issue that caused Loba’s teleport to fail in certain areas.