Respawn Entertainment and EA has unleashed Apex Legends Season 12 Defiance, featuring a new Legend called Mad Maggie, Control LTM, 3rd Anniversary Rewards, map changes, and a host of other additions, bug fixes and much more. There's simply a vast amount of content in the Apex Legends Season 12 update but what is most important to many gamers out there are the balance changes.
In this article, we will tell you about all the Apex Legends Season 12 balance changes to both weapons and equipment, so you know which ones have been buffed, and which received a smack from the nerf bat.
Apex Legends Season 12 balance changes
There are several weapon and equipment balance changes in the Apex Legends Season 12 update.
Below, you can check out all the balance changes to weapons and equipment as per the official patch notes from Respawn and EA.
Supply Drop Rotation
The Alternator SMG returns to the ground loot this season and taking its place is the powerful mid-range energy Volt SMG.
- Removed disruptor rounds hop-up
- Damage increased from 15 to 17
- Max mag size increased from 28 to 30
Kinetic Feeder - Triple Take & Peacekeeper
Sliding with the Triple Take or Peacekeeper significantly speeds up choke time and automatically reloads rounds.
Hammerpoint Rounds - P2020, Mozambique & RE-45
- +50% unshielded damage
- +35% unshielded damage
- +35% unshielded damage
Shatter Caps - 30-30 Repeater & Bocek Bow
- Passively affects hip-fire for both weapons
- ADS remains precision shot
- No longer able to toggle on/off
- 30-30 pellet damage reduced from 8 to 7
- Bow pellet damage reduced 12 to 11
- Removing projectile growth from bullets
- Damage reduced from 23 to 21 per bullet
- Damage reduced from 19 to 18 per bullet
Rampage LMG (Hotfix)
- Rampage damage reduced from 28 to 26
- Reduced number of shots during the Revved state from ~40 to ~34
Fully Kitted Rotation
- Added: RE-45, Triple Take, Peacekeeper, Prowler, Havoc
- Removed: Mastiff, 30-30 Repeater, R-301, CAR, Longbow
Weapons in Crafting
- VK-47 Flatline and Longbow DMR are now craftable for 30 mats at any crafting station.
- Weapons in crafting can not be found on the ground.
- Crafted weapons come with no attachments and two boxes of ammo
- Medkit price lowered from 20 to 15
- Kinetic Feeder added to crafting rotation
So there you have it, all the weapon and equipment balance changes for Apex Legends Season 12 Defiance.
It will be interesting to see how these changes affect the ever-changing meta.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Apex Legends section for news, guides, tier lists and much more.
Featured image courtesy of EA.