We've got someone we'd like you to meet.— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) January 23, 2020
The newest Devstream is now live! Get your first look at Series 3 Ranked Rewards, a new weapon, and our newest Legend coming in Season 4—Forge.
The opposite of Crypto, Forge is a brawler that has no issue getting up close and personal with enemies. Having conquered the MMA world, he is seeking to conquer the Apex Legends game. His sponsor is Hammond Robotics and the company is set to be having a greater impact on the World's Edge map in the near future.
While the files showed Forge with six listed abilities, it is unknown which will be present or if he will actually have access to all of them.
The following abilities are set to play a part in Forge's kit as found above:
- Pull Shot (Hook): Short-range grapple that pulls enemies into you or can be used to launch yourself into the air.
- Ground Slam: Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- K.O. Punch (High Jump): Jump forward in a direction. Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- One-Two (One Two Punch): Bull rush in a straight line. If you hit an enemy along the way, press again to do an upper-cut launching you into the air.
- On The Ropes: Enhances your melee to do more damage the lower your health is. Dealing melee damage gives you temporary overshield.
- Victory Rush: Killing a player with a melee attack restores your health and gives you a 30% speed boost for 10 seconds.
Forge isn't the only new thing coming with the next season, with the Sentinal sniper rifle also coming to the game on top of Ranked changes that will bring a similar system to League of Legends that will see a top 500 that will require frequent play to maintain in each region and separate Splits within the Battle Pass Season.
This news comes ahead of the Apex Legends Global Series that will see the competitive esports side of the game develop significantly in 2020.
Season 4 will be hitting Apex Legends servers on 4th February.