For those that are now enjoying it, they're tinkering with every setting to get as big a competitive advantage as possible. That means looking at performance and graphical settings to increase FPS, and making sure your setup is optimal -- whether that is for a controller or mouse and keyboard.
Whatever your chosen input method is, it’s always important to find the right settings for you and Battlefield 2042 gives users quite a few options to tweak.
This time, we'll take a look at the best key bindings, in case your best choice is playing with a keyboard and mouse.
Best PC key bindings for Battlefield 2042
As you will see, many of these bindings are familiar if you have been playing other FPS titles for some time.
But, in case you are not that experienced, we recommend you to learn them as fast as possible to get the most out of your experience in Battlefield 2042.
- Move: W/A/S/D Keys
- Sprint: Shift (Hold)
- Look: Mouse
- Melee: F Key
- Crouch: Left Ctrl or Hold C Key
- Prone: Z Key
- Slide: Z Key (While sprinting)
- Jump: Spacebar
- Vault: Spacebar + Move towards obstacle
- Enter/Exit Vehicles: E Key
- Revive: E Key (Hold)
- Plus Menu: T Key
- Zoom: Right Mouse Button
- Fire: Left Mouse Button
- Grenade: G Key
- Reload: R Key
- Call-In Menu: B Key (Hold)
- VOIP: Left Alt Key
- Chat: H Key
- Full Map: M Key
- Menu: Esc Key
- Swap Seat (Vehicle): F1 to F8
- Comorose/Ping: Q Key (Hold)
- Switch Primary/Secondary Weapon: 1, 2
- Specialty: 3
- Open Gadget: 4
Mouse sensitivity and movement settings
It’s time to talk about the custom settings. Finding the best balance in these will be crucial for you, as these will affect directly your performance in the game.
Some of these will be left at default, since moving them won’t bring you any significant advantage, while others will help you focus more on the battle by reducing shaking effects, improving your aim, or changing how much you can see on your peripherals by manipulating the field of view.
- Soldier mouse aim sensitivity: 15-30
- Invert Vertical Look for Soldier: Off
- Field of View: 75-90
- ADS Field of View: On
- Soldier sprint: Toggle
- Double-tap forward to sprint: Off
- Sprint keybind: Press L-Shift
- Sprint to vault over: Off
- Always use Transversal Sprint: Off
- Soldier weapon zoom: Hold
- Zoom keybind: Right Mouse Button
- Steady scope: On
- Steady scope keybind: Press L-Shift
- Soldier zoom aim sensitivity: 35-50
- Parachute auto display: Off
- Air spawn parachute auto-deploy: On
- Quick throw grenades: Off
- Reload Hints: On
- Vertical Mouse Aim Ratio: 100
- Vertical Mouse Zoom Aim Ratio: 100
- Uniform soldier aiming: Off
- Coefficient: 100
- Zoom transition sensitivity: Off
- All Zoom Aim Sensitivity: 100
- Invert Vertical Look for Soldier: On
- Mouse raw input: On
It goes without saying that in case you are used to a certain pattern, you can edit the predefined bindings at any time, to adapt them to your liking and play without problems during the open beta.
Don’t forget to check out our dedicated Battlefield section for all the news, updates, guides and more.
Featured image courtesy of DICE / Electronic Arts.