However, sometimes you might face low FPS issues all of a sudden, even with a system having high-end specifications. In that case, you can try the following potential fixes to get your smooth experience back in Battlefield 2042.
Battlefield 2042: Low FPS issue fix
If you don't have the required minimum specifications to run Battlefield 2042 smoothly, then you can consider upgrading your system.
Before you think of spending any money, make sure you have tried every possible fix to avoid the low FPS problem with the game.
- The first thing you can do is to upgrade the graphics drivers if you don't have their latest version.
- If you are using an NVIDIA RTX graphics card, turn on the DLSS from the in-game settings that will render the game on low resolution and upscale it.
- Try turning down the resolution of Battlefield 2042, i.e. if you are running it on 4K, change it to full HD.
- Download the latest version of the game if you haven't, as the issue might have been fixed with the latest patch.
- Close all the applications running in the background while playing Battlefield 2042 so that all the system power is utilized in running the game smoothly.
If the problem persists, then report it on the Battlefield 2042 support page and wait for Electronic Arts to deploy a hotfix.
Don’t forget to check out our dedicated Battlefield section for all the news, updates, guides and more.
Featured image courtesy of DICE / CryptoDozer.