Despite rumours pointing towards Valve working on a CS:GO overhaul with the Source 2 engine, the developer continues along as normal, which means a small new weekly update.
In the new CS:GO update, Valve has made several improvements to Cache, the iconic map created by FMPONE.
The new CS:GO update also adds 1v1 Warmup mode to Nuke and Overpass in Wingman. Valve has also seen fit to change the default CT faction to FBI on the Chlorine map.
The map with the most improvements in the latest CS:GO update is Cache. Check out all the improvements below:
- Improved visibility map-wide.
- Brightened hiding spot near sandbags.
- Brightened A Main.
- Brightened B Main.
- Brightened target placed in corner under B Heaven.
- Reduced visual noise.
- Reduced foliage clutter.
- Speculative fix to ragdolls floating on the A Bombsite.
- Adjusted HDR settings.
Other changes and fixes in the new CS:GO update include the latest version of radar being added to Anubis, a fix to clipping issues in Overpass, specifically, on the dumpster in bombsite A.
There are also a few fixes for Vertigo, namely:
- Fixed gap under box on B site.
- Added ramp-clipping to side of box.
- Fixed some minor graphical bugs.
While the new CS:GO update isn't what many fans have been waiting for, it is good to see Valve continuously make improvements to the game.