In the new CS:GO update released in the early hours of the morning on 27th August, Valve has made another round of changes to Mutiny and Swamp, while improving Cache with some general, much-needed fixed. Here's what you need to know about the new CS:GO update.
New CS:GO update: Map changes
At the end of July, Valve made a tonne of changes and deployed fixes to both Mutiny and Swamp. On 27th August, another new CS:GO update got released, again focusing on these two maps.
This is indicating Valve might want to change up the Active Duty map pool for competitive CS:GO at some point, as the map changes to Mutiny and Swamp seem very deliberate, balancing areas and improving performance across the board.
Release Notes for today are up. We're shipping a few miscellaneous updates alongside updates to Mutiny and Cache: https://t.co/eagBuGeT3K— CS:GO (@CSGO) August 26, 2020
For example, on Mutiny, Valve has reworked the A Bombsite, while on Swamp, the developer added a new path from mid up to heaven, alongside several other adjustments for competitive play.
While Cache didn't receive any map changes, it did receive some bug and exploit fixes. This all points towards Valve possibly changing up the Active Duty map pool sometime in the future.
CS:GO update patch notes
Alongside the map changes, Valve has also deployed a couple of miscellaneous fixes, namely:
- Fixed a rare case where coach camera could remain in free-roaming mode.
- Fixed net_dumpeventstats command to be cheat-protected.
Bombsite A in Mutiny (Picture: Valve)
Check out all the map changes as per the new CS:GO update notes below, starting with Mutiny.
- Improved performance in all areas of the map
- Tweaked and improved clipping
- Adjusted environment lighting to give a better visual contrast
- Removed foliage on A Site wall
- Added multiple bomb reset triggers around A Site, B Site and Dock
- Extended Dock and Moved T Spawn back slightly to give CTs more setup time
- Adjusted cover around the map
- Tweaked wall at A Site for cleaner angles and made it easier to jump onto
- Made wallbangs through the door on B Site do less damage
- Lowered part of the wall on A Site
- Modified rock formation at upper T to A into a brick wall to improve visibility and grenade potential
- Fixed various lighting and texturing issues
- Improved performance
- New radar
- Raised the bottom of the water for better readability of players behind boats
- Fixed invisible water splashes
- Ambience sounds is quieter
- To make mid more attractive and balanced we have added a new path from mid up to heaven
- Heaven has now some more space towards the new path for better angles
- Closed gaps in wood fence at A-long (T side)
- Closed a sightline from CT-spawn to A-long
- Subtle visual enhancements
- Fixed door stuck bug
- Fixed molotov exploit at Dark Spot Mid
- Updated .nav mesh
- Restored functionality to soundscapes