The latest CS:GO update has been released bringing some nice little additions, as well as several fixes and improvements.
Valve released this new CS:GO update in the early hours of the morning on 28th May.
New CS:GO update details
First up, there's a new Warhammer 40,000 Sticker Capsule, featuring 17 unique stickers from the 40K universe.
From the paper Full Buy sticker to the foil Chaos Space Marine, players can collect and apply them to their weapons now.
Today we're shipping the Warhammer (@WarComTeam) 40,000 Sticker Capsule, featuring 17 unique designs from the 40K universe! We've also added a setting to change your main menu background and a new "killed by C4" killfeed icon. More in today's Blog Post: https://t.co/YK9VD7ffSMpic.twitter.com/bnNxR1vsDL— CS:GO (@CSGO) May 27, 2020
There's also a nice new CS:GO video setting, which allows you to change your main menu background.
Valve explains: "Whether you prefer a light or dark feel, Anubis or Phoenix Facility, there’s something for everyone."
You can get a nice change of scenery with this new CS:GO video setting (Picture: Valve)
Valve also added a new kill feed icon, which shows players in the game when someone dies from a C4 explosion.
Did Will forget his defuse kit? (Picture: Valve)
Next time you are in a match, and a CT forgets their defuse kit, you might very well see this new icon appear.
New CS:GO update full patch notes:
There's also a long list of fixes and improvements in the new CS:GO update. This includes the texture streaming feature which was recently tested in the CS:GO Beta Depot. View the full patch notes below.
- The killfeed now displays players that are killed by C4 explosions in all game modes.
- Players that are frozen by game logic no longer take damage.
- Players are less likely to become stuck on mid-air grenades, and are now able to stand up when crouched on top of another player’s decoy grenade.
- Grenades are less likely to phase through doors when thrown into nearby players, and have improved collision when bouncing near the ground around player’s feet.
- Adjusted sticker shader to reduce mip artifacts on holographic stickers at an angle.
- Optimized shadow culling frustum to prevent flickering shadows caused by renderable overflow at ultra-wide aspect ratios such as 21:9.
- Optimized texture generation by giving composite textures destined for models that are already rendering higher priority in the generation queue.
- Added a trailing cache of composite inputs, designed to optimize composite generation for sequences of similar jobs.
- More asynchronous texture requests are allowed per cycle, allowing composites to generate faster on some systems.
- Added an experimental graphics setting; ‘Texture Streaming’ in video options. Texture streaming allows the game to defer loading of high-resolution textures until they are needed for rendering, potentially saving a significant amount of video memory. On systems with slower disk access, streaming textures may be momentarily visible.
UI / Localization:
- Added a new Anubis main menu background movie to the game.
- Added a way for users to change their main menu background scenery.
- Split stickers and patches localization UI tokens to allow for better translations.
- Added proper HTML-escaping for custom inventory item names when applying and scraping stickers.
- Updated Steamworks SDK and Steam libraries to the latest versions released in May 2020.
- If the game fails to connect with local Steam Client, then users must update their version of Steam Client by selecting Steam > Check for Steam Client Updates…
While the new CS:GO update from Valve is decent, we are all awaiting the Source 2 port of the game.
If you are awaiting the CS:GO Source 2 port before jumping back into the game, you can spend some time watching our Lockdown video series.