If you want to know exactly what type of graphics modes/options you can expect on PS5, Xbox Series X and S, then you've come to the right place.
Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen graphics modes/options
For next-gen (or should we call them current-gen at this point?) consoles, there are Ray-Tracing and Performance modes in Cyberpunk 2077 thanks to the 1.5 update.
As you can see from the image above, the PS5 and Xbox Series X features both Ray-Tracing and Performance modes, with the latter offering smooth gameplay at 60fps with dynamic 4K scaling.
The Xbox Series S, however, does not have a Ray Tracing graphics mode in Cyberpunk 2077, with just the performance mode available.
Check out the image below outlining the new content, improvements and graphics options available across all types of consoles and PC for Cyberpunk 2077.
Under Ray Tracing mode via the official patch notes, CDPR lists the following details:
- The Xbox Series S version has no graphics mode selection and is by default presented at 30 FPS in 1440p with dynamic resolution scaling.
- Added performance improvements which significantly decrease the number of FPS drops and improve rendering quality.
- Balanced HDR to achieve parity across all platforms.
- Various visual quality improvements.
- Added Activity Cards for PS5.
- Added Spanish voiceover support in the Americas (PlayStation codes: CUSA-16596 and CUSA-16597). Due to technical constraints, it is available only on next-gen consoles. For further details on language support see: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Implemented support for spatial audio on PlayStation 5 for 3D-audio-enabled headphones and built-in TV speakers via PS5 's Tempest 3D AudioTech solution.
While Xbox Series S owners might be a bit disappointed, it is the lower-level next-gen console, so a quality mode was not really expected.
The Cyberpunk 2077 1.5 update is, of course, completely free to all owners of the game. It holds a plethora of other improvements, gameplay system reworks, bug fixes and even some new content.
Put on those reading glasses (or a Cyberware eye mod) and check out the official full, mammoth 1.5 update patch notes if you have some time on your hands.
For more on Cyberpunk 2077, especially for those who just started playing the game following the next-gen update, check out our dedicated section filled with guides and much more.
Featured image courtesy of CD Projekt Red.