In its latest blog post, Bungie confirmed a new PvP map for Season 17, a first for Destiny 2 since 2019. The blog post also listed several changes that Bungie is making to the game's Crucible mode. With that said, here's everything you need to know about the new Destiny 2 PvP map alongside all the Crucible tweaks in Destiny 2 Season 17.
Destiny 2 Season 17 New PvP map details
The new Destiny 2 Season 17 PvP map is called Disjunction, and it takes place in the swampy Pyramid area of Savathûn’s Throne World. According to Bungie, Disjunction is one of Destiny's largest PvP maps yet and features areas suited to short, mid, and long-ranged combat.
- How to get The Title SMG in Destiny 2
- All Destiny 2 Season 17 Exotic weapon changes
- How to complete the Top of Class quest in Destiny 2
- Destiny 2 Guardian Games Cup - Schedule, Format, Players, more
Disjunction will be available in Destiny 2 at the launch of Season 17 for all 6v6, 3v3, Iron Banner, and free-for-all Crucible game modes.
Destiny 2 Season 17 Crucible changes
Aside from making several changes to Iron Banner in Season 17, Bungie is also unvaulting game modes and tweaking various aspects of Crucible.
Zone Control is coming back and will go live in week 5 of Season 17 (21st June 2022). It will be accessible via a new Crucible Labs Node. The returning 6v6 mode will be available in all game types except Iron Banner for the rest of Season 17.
Other Crucible changes include:
- Team gains 1 point per participant when capturing a zone, rather than 1 flat point. (This is how it was in Destiny 1)
- Time limit is lowered to 90 seconds to match Trials of Osiris.
- Points for Super kills increased to 3 (previously 2).
- Increased score target to 200 (previously 150).
- Decreased time limit to 7 minutes (previously 8).
- Increased time limit to 10 minutes (previously 8).
- Increased round score targets to 15 (previously 10).
This concludes the notes thus far of all the Crucible changes Bungie is making in Destiny 2 Season 17. For more on the game, check out our section dedicated to Destiny 2 gun breakdowns, activity guides, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Bungie.