Before the massive Destiny 2 showcase, Bungie revealed details on the long-awaited Arc 3.0 update. The Arc subclass overhaul will be coming to the game in Season 18, which kicks off on 23rd August 2022.
Like the Void 3.0 update and Solar 3.0 update, Arc 3.0 brings many new changes to the Arc subclass. This includes new abilities, aspects, fragments, and more.
This guide will discuss the Destiny 2 Arc 3.0 Aspects and Fragments for all three classes.
Destiny 2 Arc 3.0 Aspects
Every class in Destiny 2 gets three unique Aspects. For those unaware, Aspects are unique class-dependent passive and active abilities.
Arc 3.0 Aspects for Hunter
- Flow State: Defeating a jolted opponent causes you to become amplified. When amplified, the Hunter’s dodge will recharge faster and make you more resistant to damage, and you have quicker reload times.
- Tempest Strike: Allows the Hunter to perform a sliding melee that launches an Arc wave along the ground, dealing significant damage and jolting enemies in its path.
- Lethal Current: After dodging, the Hunter’s melee lunge range is increased and their next melee attack jolts the target and creates a damaging lightning aftershock. When used with the Arc Staff Super, after dodging, the Hunter’s next staff light attack hits twice. In addition, hitting a jolted enemy with a melee attack will blind them.
Arc 3.0 Aspects for Warlock
- Arc Soul: The Warlock casts a rift to create an Arc Soul that will assist the player in battle. Allies who pass through the rift will also earn an Arc Soul. The rift charges faster when allies are near. While amplified, any Arc Soul you have or gain is supercharged, increasing its rate of fire.
- Lightning Surge: The Warlock activates their melee while sliding to transform into a ball of lightning and teleport forward, calling down a field of lightning bolts at the exit point that jolts targets.
- Electrostatic Mind: Arc ability kills and kills on Arc-debuffed enemies create Ionic Traces. When you collect any Ionic Trace, you become amplified.
Arc 3.0 Aspects for Titan
- Touch of Thunder: Improves Arc grenades in the following ways:
- Flashbang: Fires an additional blind impulse on its first bounce.
- Pulse: When the grenade damages an enemy, it creates an Ionic Trace for the Titan. Pulse Grenade damage increases over time as the grenade lingers after impact.
- Lightning: Grants an additional charge for Lightning grenade, and jolts targets on initial blast.
- Storm: Creates a roaming thundercloud that moves and tracks enemies (similar to the Stasis Hunter’s Silence & Squall Super), firing lightning bolts at the ground underneath it.
- Juggernaut: While sprinting and with full class ability energy, the Titan gains a frontal shield that blocks incoming damage. When amplified, the shield is stronger. Once the shield is depleted by taking damage, the player’s class energy is depleted.
- Knockout: Melee kills trigger health regeneration and make the Titan amplified. Critically wounding an enemy or breaking their shield increases melee range and damage for a brief period. Titan’s base melee becomes Arc-empowered while Knockout is active.
Destiny 2 Arc 3.0 Fragments
Fragments are class independent passive abilities. As of this writing, Bungie has confirmed 4 Arc 3.0 Fragments. They are -
- Spark of Beacons: When the player is amplified, Arc special weapon kills create a blinding explosion.
- Spark of Resistance: When surrounded by enemies, the player has increased damage resistance.
- Spark of Momentum: Sliding over ammo will reload your weapon and grant a small amount of melee energy. Sliding over Heavy ammo increases the amount of energy granted.
- Spark of Shock: The player’s Arc grenades jolt enemies.
That's all the confirmed Arc 3.0 Aspects and Fragments coming to Destiny 2 in Season 18.
- Will Destiny 2 Lightfall Add A New Race To The Game?
- Destiny 2 Nightfall Weapon This Week
- Is Bungie Planning To Remove Power Level From Destiny 2?
- Bungie reveals Destiny 2 PvP meta changes for Season 18
For more on the game, check our section dedicated to Destiny 2 news, guides, and features.
Featured image courtesy of Bungie.
- Alter of Reflection Catalyst Quest
- Austringer God Roll
- Calus Midi Tool God Roll
- Dead Man's Tale God Roll
- Fixed Odds God Roll
- Hawkmoon God Roll
- How To Get Come To Pass
- How To Get Dawn Chorus
- How To Get Omnioculus
- How To Get Star-Eater Scales
- Mechabre God Roll
- Osteo Striga Catalyst
- Riptide God Roll
- Queens and Worms Quest