It's been a while since Bungie introduced a raid-exclusive Exotic shotgun in Destiny 2. The only way in which you can get the Conditional Finality is through the Root of Nightmares raid, an activity that was introduced in the Lightfall expansion.
The Conditional Finality is a rather interesting shotgun in the game. First of all, it's a Kinetic weapon, meaning it sits in the first weapon slot. Secondly, it fires both Stasis and Solar pellets at the same time. As of now, there's no Shotgun in the game that does something like this. It does have some implications with respect to lore as well.
Table of Contents
Where to Find The Conditional Finality Exotic Shotgun in Destiny 2?
Just like most raid Exotics, the Conditional Finality drops also from the final boss encounter in the Root of Nightmares raid in Destiny 2. However, the drop rates are extremely low. If you're lucky, you might end up receiving the weapon on your very first raid completion, but if you're unlucky, you might have to complete multiple runs before you can acquire the weapon.
Given that the drop rates are so low, there are a few triumphs associated with the raid itself. If you complete those triumphs, the chances of you receiving the weapon are higher. The buff received from these triumphs stack, so the more number of triumphs you complete, the higher the chances of you getting the weapon.
All Root of Nightmares Triumphs That Buff Conditional Finality Drop Rates in Destiny 2
The triumphs are as follows:
- Classic Horror: Complete all encounters with a fireteam of the same Guardian class.
- Dream Weavers: Complete all encounters with a fireteam of Strand subclasses.
- Psionic Purge: In Cataclysm, defeat all psions within one second of each other.
- Shields Up: In Scission, do not defeat any attuned shielded combatants on a floor until both node chains on that same floor are completed.
- Singular Orbit: In Macrocosm, a player cannot gain planetary insight twice in the same planetary shift.
- Synchronicity: During the final battle with Nezarec, activate both sets of nodes within five seconds of each other for every activation, and complete the encounter.
- Illuminated Torment: Complete the Illuminated Torment challenge
- Crossfire: Complete the Crossfire challenge
- Cosmic Equilibrium: Complete the Cosmic Equilibrium Challenge
- All Hands: Complete the All Hands challenge.
- Final Nightmare: Complete all encounters on Master difficulty.
How Does The Conditional Finality Work?
All the rolls for this weapon are curated, so every copy of the weapon will have the same rolls. The two most important rolls on this weapon are as follows:
- Split Decision: Dual barrels split into Solar and Stasis damage.
- Paracausal Pellets: Landing nearly all Stasis pellets on the target will freeze them while landing all Solar pellets will ignite the target.
That is everything you need to know about the Conditional Finality shotgun in Destiny 2!
For more Destiny 2 news, be sure to check out our dedicated section or take a look at some of our Guides & Tutorials just below:
WEEKLY UPDATES - Destiny 2 Weekly Reset List | Lost Sector Rotation | Raid & Dungeon Rotation | Grandmaster Nightfall Rotation | Weekly Challenges List | Xur Location | Trials of Osiris Map & Rewards | Iron Banner Schedule
FUTURE UPDATES - When Does The Next Destiny 2 Season Start | Everything We Know About 'Destiny 2 The Final Shape' | All Destiny 3 Speculation
EMBLEM & SHADERS - Free Destiny 2 Emblem Codes | How To Get Photo Finish Shader | How To Get Bergusian Night Shader
BEST HUNTER BUILDS -
Hunter Arc Build | Hunter Solar Build | Hunter Stasis Build | Hunter Strand Build | Hunter Void Build
BEST TITAN BUILDS -
Titan Arc Build | Titan Solar Build | Titan Stasis Build | Titan Strand Build | Titan Void Build
BEST WARLOCK BUILDS -
Warlock Arc Build | Warlock Solar Build | Warlock Stasis Build | Warlock Strand Build | Warlock Void Build
Exotics, Catalyst & God Rolls - Alter of Reflection Catalyst Quest | Austringer God Roll | Calus Midi Tool God Roll | Dead Man's Tale God Roll | Fixed Odds God Roll | Hawkmoon God Roll | How To Get Come To Pass | How To Get Dawn Chorus | How To Get Omnioculus | How To Get Star-Eater Scales | Mechabre God Roll | Osteo Striga Catalyst | Riptide God Roll | Queens and Worms Quest
Game Guides - How To Unlock All Subclasses | Enemy Strikes Guide | How To Get More Loadout Slots