Destiny 2's latest chapter is finally here with The Witch Queen DLC. Alongside the highly anticipated debut of Savathun as the game's antagonist, Season of the Risen has also kicked off.
Bringing a new season pass to grind, activities and quests to complete, Season of the Risen on its own packs a big punch for Guardians to complete throughout the next three months.
As always, with the release of a new season, a shiny artifact follows. If you're new to Destiny 2, the artifact is a tool that, upon grinding and earning XP, will get you mods that you can use to boost stats, help create builds, and most importantly, take down Champions.
Furthermore, upgrading the artifact will grant extra Power on top of the base stats your current gear boasts, making a great way to keep improving beyond the hard cap.
Previously, players had to be careful when selecting which mods they'd wanted to unlock as you could only get a limited amount of them. Starting with Season 16, you'll be able to unlock every single one, making the grind more about efficiency rather than just trying to get the best ones.
We've rambled long enough, time to take a look at the Season 16 artifact mods.
Destiny 2 Season of the Risen mods
The artifact this time around is the Synaptic Spear. Lore wise, the Spear serves as a Light-suppressing item similar to Ghaul's cage during The Red War. It'll definitely come in handy when dealing with the Lucent Brood, Savathun's Light-induced Hive army.
Enough about lore, let's get down to business, these are all the mods available through the Season of the Risen artifact.
- Suppressive Darkness - Whenever you suppress a combatant, you also weaken them, causing them to take additional damage for a short time.
- Energy Vampirism - Gain energy for your least-charged ability when you suppress a target.
- Volatile Flow - Picking up a Void elemental well grants your Void weapons Volatile rounds.
- Devouring Depths - Casting your Void Super while you are critically wounded or benefitting from Devour increases your damage with that Super.
- Suppression Mastery - Suppression effects you create have increased duration.
- Inferno Whip - Solar melee abilities stun unshielded combatants. Strong against [Stagger] Unstoppable Champions.
- Overload Grenades - Void grenades disrupt combatants, stunning them, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against [Disruption] Overload Champions.
- Suppressing Glaive - Damaging combatants with your Glaive suppresses them, preventing them from using abilities for a short time.
- Lucent Finisher - Defeating a Lucent Hive Lightbearer or Champion with your finisher spawns Heavy ammo for you and your allies.
- Unstoppable Glaive - Glaives you wield fire a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants.
- Psionic Forging II - Increases the duration of the Land Tank Origin Trait and the effect of the Häkke Breach Armaments Origin Trait.
- Font of Might - Picking up an elemental well that matches your subclass energy type grants a temporary bonus to weapon damage of that same elemental type.
- Auto Rifle Loader - Increases reload speed of Auto Rifles.
- Thermoshock Plating - Reduces incoming Arc damage from combatants.
- Glaive Scavenger - Glaives get bonus reserves when picking up ammo used by that Glaive.
- Hand Cannon Targeting - Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed for Hand Cannons.
- Melee Wellmaker - Powered melee combatant final blows spawn elemental wells matching your subclass energy type.
- Psionic Forging I - Increases the duration of the Psychohack Origin Trait and the effect of the Suros Synergy Origin Trait.
- Rocket Launcher Scavenger - Rocket Launchers get bonus reserves when picking up Heavy ammo.
- Glaive Dexterity - Faster ready and stow speed for Glaives.
- Unstoppable Pulse Rifle - Aiming down Pulse Rifle sights loads a high-impact burst that stuns unshielded combatants.
- Piercing Bowstring - Bows gain shield-piercing arrows, which bypass combatant defenses. Strong against [Shield-Piercing] Barrier Champions.
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon - Aiming down sights with any Hand Cannon you are wielding loads a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants. Strong against [Stagger] Unstoppable Champions.
- Overload Rounds - Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Auto Rifles and Submachine Guns grants bullets that stun combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against [Disruption] Overload Champions.
- Anti-Barrier Scout Rifle - Scout Rifles you are wielding fire shield-piercing rounds and stun [Shield-Piercing] Barrier Champions. Scout Rifles deal bonus damage against [Shield-Piercing] Barrier Champions.
Featured image courtesy of Bungie.
- Alter of Reflection Catalyst Quest
- Austringer God Roll
- Calus Midi Tool God Roll
- Dead Man's Tale God Roll
- Fixed Odds God Roll
- Hawkmoon God Roll
- How To Get Come To Pass
- How To Get Dawn Chorus
- How To Get Omnioculus
- How To Get Star-Eater Scales
- Mechabre God Roll
- Osteo Striga Catalyst
- Riptide God Roll
- Queens and Worms Quest