Valve released the Dota 2 Battle Pass 2022 on 1st September ahead of the prestigious The International 2022, resulting in the prize pool skyrocketing over $4 million mere hours after its release. And who can blame them; the 2022 Battle Pass offers many lucrative rewards, like a Faceless Void Arcana, Personas, Immortal Treasures, and heaps more!
Unlocking these rewards is straightforward, tasking Dota 2 players with leveling up the Battle Pass using Battle Points. While players can do this organically with Weekly Quests, doing the Dota 2 Cavern Crawl is another effective method. Here's how to get 30 Battle Pass levels and exclusive item sets for Juggernaut, Slardar, and Crystal Maiden in Cavern Crawl.
How to play Cavern Crawl in Dota 2 Battle Pass 2022
Cavern Crawl is a recurring feature in the 2022 Dota 2 Battle Pass, allowing players to explore "molten pathways carved by the Fires of Ulmarain" to unlock Battle Points, Dota Plus Shards, and exclusive item sets.
- Dota 2 The International 2022 - All Teams Qualified For TI11
- Win Free Dota 2 The International 11 Tickets With Secretlab
- Valve Announces Shocking Dota 2 The International 2022 Ticket Prices
- Valve Reveals Dota 2 The International 2021 True Sight Trailer And Release Date
To play Cavern Crawl in Dota 2, players must win matches in applicable game modes (typically All Pick or Turbo) with any of the designated heroes in the maze's three major pathways (i.e., Utility, Carry, and Support). Winning games with these heroes will advance players' Cavern Crawl progress.
Some paths are obstructed, requiring special tools or heroes to cross. For example, there's a Fire Wall that only opens using Elemental Rune; or Lava Flow that can only be crossed with Winged Boots. These are all the tools players have at their disposal; they are randomly unlocked as players progress through the Cavern Crawl maze.
- Oracle - Reveals the location of a high-value reward
- Winged Boots - Used to fly over obstacles
- Elemental Rune - Contains a spell to neutralize elemental magic
- Rocket Flare - Used to scout unexplored rooms
- Netherswap Wand - Swap a hero with a random one
- Culling Blade - Kills a Wounded hero (previously defeated in Turbo mode)
Notably, playing Turbo games will only credit half of the progress of a regular Dota 2 match, with the first Turbo victory weakening the hero. The second victory will mark the Cavern Crawl hero completed; otherwise, players can use Culling Blade (one of the available tools) to defeat the wounded hero.
All Cavern Crawl Rewards in Dota 2 Battle Pass 2022
As mentioned, Cavern Crawl offers many rewards in the form of Battle Points, Dota Plus Shards, and exclusive final reward item sets for Crystal Maiden, Slardar, and Juggernaut. We've detailed each bonus below.
- Small Points Chest - 250 Battle Points and 125 Dota Plus Shards (53 available)
- Large Points Chest - 2,000 Battle Points and 1,000 Dota Plus Shards (9 available)
- Style Unlock Fragment - Find three fragments to unlock a style on the final reward set
Final reward item sets
- Crystal Maiden "Whitewind Battlemage" Item Set (Mythical) - Rewarded after completing the Support pathway
- Slardar "Stonefish Renegade" Item Set (Mythical) - Rewarded after completing the Utility pathway
- Juggernaut "Isle of Dragons" Item Set (Mythical) - Rewarded after completing the Carry pathway
Dota 2 players can earn 31,250 Battle Points (roughly 31 Levels) in Cavern Crawl. A second, icy domain with even more rewards will unlock with the arrival of the Dota 2 Battle Pass: Part 2 in November 2022.
And that's all. For more on the game, head to our section dedicated to the latest Dota 2 news, guides, tips, and more.
All featured images are courtesy of Valve / Dota 2.