Fortnite Apple ID login fix
Players who have been using their Apple ID to log in to Fortnite will have to make another plan, as the Sign In with Apple option will disappear on 11th September 2020.
Epic Games announced this news on Twitter, so in order to continue having access to your account, you will need to act accordingly.
Apple will no longer allow users to sign into Epic Games accounts using “Sign In with Apple” as soon as September 11, 2020. If you used “Sign In with Apple”, please make sure your email and password are up to date. https://t.co/4XZX5g0eaf— Epic Games Store (@EpicGames) September 9, 2020
To save your Fortnite account, you will need to update your details with your current email address and choose a new password.
Follow the steps below to change your email address:
- Login to the Epic Games General Settings page with your Apple ID and update your email address to reflect your current email address.
- If you don't see the "Log In with Apple" option anymore, you will need to contact Epic Games support.
- The developer can help you recover your account manually.
- You will need a verification code that was in the email you received about this.
- The email subject line is: “IMPORTANT! Epic Games account update required for continued access”
- The verification code you received should look like this: ABC-123-DEF
(Picture: Epic Games)
Follow the steps below to change your password:
- Login to the Epic Games Change Your Password page with your Apple ID and enter a new password.
- If you were unable to update your password prior to “Sign In with Apple” being removed but your email address was correct, please follow the steps on the Epic Games Forgot Password page.
Hopefully, the steps above will help those who used the Log In with Apple option in Fortnite a good chance of getting their Fortnite account back.
The Fortnite Apple ID login will disappear on 11th September, and since Epic Games did not provide an exact time, it is best to act fast.