This year in Fortnite, the upcoming event celebrating the holiday season, previously called Winter Fest, has been renamed to Operation Snowdown. With the release of the v15.10 update Epic has already added some new goodies to the game but the festivities are only getting started.
Thanks to a credible dataminer, we now know the Fortnite Operation Snowdown challenges players will be able to complete, and some of the rewards they can get their hands on.
Fortnite Operation Snowdown challenges
Dataminer iFireMonkey found well over a dozen Operation Snowdown challenges players will be able to complete, not only for some tasty XP but for some cosmetic rewards as well.
At the time of writing, an exact release date for the Operation Snowdown event in Fortnite has not been revealed. However, it is expected to release soon, possibly on 17th December according to rumours.
Find the challenges below the image, so those who want to avoid any types of spoilers and go in blind when Fortnite Operation Snowdown kicks off can do so.
(Picture: Epic Games)
The Operation Snowdown challenges found by dataminer iFireMonkey are:
- Complete Epic Quests (73)
- Visit different Snowmando outposts (1)
- Deal damage with Lever Action Rifle (100)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (9/12)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (12/12)
- Dance at Different Holiday trees (5)
- Search chests at Snowmando outposts (5)
- Place Top 10 with friends in Squads (3)
- Destroy Nutcracker statues (5)
- Travel 5,000 meters in X-4 Stormwings
- Shoot down opponent structures with X-4 Stormwings (10)
- Collect Gold Bars (100)
- Catch a Snowy Flopper
- Revive a player in different matches (3)
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowmando in different matches (3)
- Play duos/squads with friends (5)
- Stoke a campfire (2)
- Deal damage at Snowmando outposts (25)
- Use Chiller Launcher to apply icy feet to opponents (10)
While most of these challenges reward XP, there are also some specific Operation Snowdown challenges to complete for unique rewards.
Fortnite Operation Snowdown rewards
Except for XP rewards, you will also be able to get your hands on the Snowmando and Frost Squad outfits.
According to the leak, it appears you won't have to complete all challenges. Instead, you will need to complete 9 of these "quests" to get the Frost Squad raider outfit, and 12 to get the Snowmando outfit.
At the time of writing, these Fortnite Operation Snowdown challenges and rewards have not been confirmed by Epic Games.